Failed Windows updates

AstroCat

UhTbxFR.pngSo i recently built a gaming rig with a 3770k, gtx 780, win7 64bit, 16gb ram, 850 watt psu, msi g45 gaming. Its been running great for a week now, but for some reason today i checked all the installed windows updates and about 40% were failed. i know you can download each manually but is there any faster way of doing it? 

My Rig: 4770k, MSI z87 g45 gaming mobo, 16 GB of corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz, Gtx 780 direct cu ii, H100i, Ax 850, samsung 840 pro 250gb and a few random HD's

Just  reboot your pc,recheck the updates in windows update and install them again , they should all install fine then, every time i reinstall my windows i get the same thing and a reboot + installing them again fixes it (i think its caused by some update it needs first before it can install those)

If it still doesn't work, you could use http://www.wsusoffline.net/ (Wsus offline updater) , it basicly creates an iso with all the updates so that you can update you windows with it

If updates don't install, reboot to apply the updates that did install, and then install the other updates that didn't install before.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

same here usualy it needs update something something first before it can install another the 2e one will fail but after a reboot u can get the 2e one aswell then just repeat the procces :P.

Verry usefull imo to just install SP1 in one time can be downloaded in one pack ;)

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

Just  reboot your pc,recheck the updates in windows update and install them again , they should all install fine then, every time i reinstall my windows i get the same thing and a reboot + installing them again fixes it (i think its caused by some update it needs first before it can install those)

If it still doesn't work, you could use http://www.wsusoffline.net/ (Wsus offline updater) , it basicly creates an iso with all the updates so that you can update you windows with it

so with wsusoffline does it detect what you have installed already?

My Rig: 4770k, MSI z87 g45 gaming mobo, 16 GB of corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz, Gtx 780 direct cu ii, H100i, Ax 850, samsung 840 pro 250gb and a few random HD's

Make sure your date and time are correct, i had failed updates because my time went off track. Try doing it again with no background programs opened also.

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

so with wsusoffline does it detect what you have installed already?

If i remember correctly it just downloads all the updates that you select (its in categories (.net framework updates,essential updates,x86 updates, x64 updates etc) and makes an iso from it and then you can run it and it will install everything it has that you haven't installed yet.

But like i said, try rebooting and reinstalling trough windows update first,pretty good chance you will get it fully installed that way.