1440p IPS vs 4K TN LED Monitor

Raiden60

The main thing I'll be using this PC for(that will make a difference) is gaming. So, for detail and gaming performance, two monitors, the AOC Q2770PQU for the 1440p side and the AOC U2868PQU for the 4K side, which one is better?

IPS 1440p and you can get more fps as 1440p is easier to drive at high settings

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

1440p ips for sure. 4k isnt really a thing as of yet and its not very playable expect with expensive sli set ups.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

My vote is for 1440p...

Both are 60Hz and for me 4k is needed when you go over (way over) 30"- on small screens 4k brings more inconvenience than favor... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

Most of the people who bash 4K have never played it, my single 980Ti handles all of my games fine at good settings, not to mention I even have a slight CPU bottleneck

TL:DR, 4K gaming looks great and the people who say 4K is super hard to run have never used it in the first place

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Most of the people who bash 4K have never played it, my single 980Ti handles all of my games fine at good settings, not to mention I even have a slight CPU bottleneck

TL:DR, 4K gaming looks great and the people who say 4K is super hard to run have never used it in the first place

He has a 970... lol.

Get a quality 1440p for monitor for gaming. The only reason I can see a 4k monitor being useful is for productivity style work. 

JWolf Tech Broadcast

He has a 970... lol.

And I'm getting another 970 in SLI, that should run 4K fine. But, yeah, everyone else has a point. I'm gonna have to do some thinking about it I guess.

In that case, and I'm not completely disregarding what everyone else is saying, but I think a £300 1440p IPS monitor is overpriced, especially because of the higher input lag, and the £290 4K monitor will probably be perfectly enjoyable enough by me. But like I say, I'm gonna have to do some thinking about it. I also need to remember when I make posts, I always forget when I make a post and I never reply until like 2 hours later lol

And I'm getting another 970 in SLI, that should run 4K fine. But, yeah, everyone else has a point. I'm gonna have to do some thinking about it I guess.

In that case, and I'm not completely disregarding what everyone else is saying, but I think a £300 1440p IPS monitor is overpriced, especially because of the higher input lag, and the £290 4K monitor will probably be perfectly enjoyable enough by me. But like I say, I'm gonna have to do some thinking about it. I also need to remember when I make posts, I always forget when I make a post and I never reply until like 2 hours later lol

970 SLI still only has 3.5GB of VRAM, which COULD be used up by Ultra Settings 4K. TN also has worse viewing angles and colours, and you will not be able to get ultra 60fps at 4K, you would have to drop the settings to medium-high depending on the game. Also no AA at all at 4K.

970 SLI still only has 3.5GB of VRAM, which COULD be used up by Ultra Settings 4K. TN also has worse viewing angles and colours, and you will not be able to get ultra 60fps at 4K, you would have to drop the settings to medium-high depending on the game. Also no AA at all at 4K.

But wouldn't really need AA at 4K. And, really, most games I can't tell the difference between high and ultra settings.