[Mini-News] - ASUS Zenfone 2 US Release Event Set to May 18th

asus-zenfone-2-invite-edited.jpg?itok=iG

Source: Techno Buffalo

ASUS is hosting a news conference on May 18 in New York City where we expect to hear more about the company’s plans for a U.S. launch.

Finally, the hot topic from CES 2015 has set a release event on Monday, May 18th in New York City.  A similar event was rumored to be planned for April 28th, but the rumors proved untrue.  This event, unlike the last, has multiple credible sources.  U.S. pricing is uncertain at this time, but many believe the smartphone will be priced very competitively with other flagship smartphones.  The highest end model is rumored to cost $299, though nothing has confirmed this.  As for the lowest end model:

. . . ASUS chairman Jonney Shih revealed during CES 2015 that the entry-level price for the model with 2GB of RAM should cost just $199.

GSM Arena has the spec breakdowns here (1080p), here (720p high-end) and here (720p low-end):

This isn't even much of an article, and I think this was briefly mentioned in another thread, but I thought I'd make a dedicated post for those trying to follow the phone.  For whatever reason, ASUS hasn't been doin' so hot in the communication department, and news about this phone has been hard to follow.  I was originally quite excited about this device with Linus' CES coverage, but ASUS has made it difficult for me to maintain that excitement with very little solid information about the phone's release.

Fortunately for me, I was able to win a free review unit from ASUS through a special giveaway contest.  They're supposed to ship it soon, and I'll post a review on the forum once I get my hands on it.  At that time you can post any and all questions, and I'll give my honest opinion.