New Headphones

bambucha

Hey all :D

I had a pair of Razer Orcas for a bit more than a year and they broke last week. So I was searching for a new pair of headphones and i was thinking about Syberia V2's or something in that price range. Any suggestions of other good GAMING headphones (they need to have a mic) for max 150$? 

Thanks for help!

Sennheiser PC320 might be a good option (although I haven't tried them).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106616

They are an open ear design so they should have a decent soundstage for positional audio accuracy. Their big brother the PC360 are a top notch headset. If it was me, I would put my faith in the manufacturer who has be making audio equipment for donkeys years as opposed to all the new brands that buy generic speakers and slap the word gaming on them.

Note the open ear design will mean that they won't have good noise cancelling properties and others will be able to hear what your listening to.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I highly recommend considering headphones without a built-in mic, since it opens up potential options that you wouldn't otherwise have. The ModMic works well on headphones without mics.

The Audio Technica AD700 are the most recommended for gaming. They have one of the largest sound stages in any headphone & are extremely comfortable, although the earcups are reddish pink so they're not exactly a fashion statement. lol

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

The Audio Technica AD700 are the most recommended for gaming. They have one of the largest sound stages in any headphone & are extremely comfortable, although the earcups are reddish pink so they're not exactly a fashion statement. lol

This and a modmic is tough to beat for the price.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Keep in mind the AD700 severely lacks bass if that is also what you're looking for. Aside from that they are amazing for games.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile