is it worth getting an i5 3570k or the 2500k? or keep my i3

i do a fair bid video editing and gaming on titles like bf3, metro 2033, diablo 3 and gta.....

If you do a lot of video editing the best would be a i7 model CPU(2600K or 3770K)

If you don't want to spend the money both the 2500K and 3570K would work great,I would go with the 3570K because it's only $10 more than the 2500K on Amazon.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

If you do a lot of video editing the best would be a i7 model CPU(2600K or 3770K)

If you don't want to spend the money both the 2500K and 3570K would work great,I would go with the 3570K because it's only $10 more than the 2500K on Amazon.

cheers bud, i was thinking that, and i think an i7 would be overkill for my system and i only got the i3 as it was cheap at the time

PS how on earth did you get them read write speeds?

In case he doesn't overclock it might be better to get a non-K model - i7 3770

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

get any of the 2 that you can afford. but it does not matter

if you do not have adequate cooling and a good motherbaord (high end P67, high end Z68 or a high end Z77 ) you will not be able to overclock your CPU. which does not make sense if you are getting a K series CPU. but for video editing a Core i7 will be best.

but out of the two you are looking at, get which ever the one you want. both have marginal performance diffrance on the CPU side.

but if you are going to be using the integrated GPU for encoding and converting video then the 3570k on a Z77 motherboard will be your best bet.

please let me know what motherboard you are plaing to use this CPU on or if you are going to get a new one then here is suggestion get the ASUS P8Z77 - V or higher to get the beset of everything and use it with the 3570k.

what ever CPU you get 2500k, 2600/2700k, 3570k, 3770k you need to get a Z77 motherboard with good power delivery system ( all ASUS P8Z77 boards have good power delivery systems across all their boards on the the Z77 lineup )

if i was to get an i5 i would probably get something like an H70 and overclock it to around 4ghz?

if you do not have adequate cooling and a good motherbaord (high end P67, high end Z68 or a high end Z77 ) you will not be able to overclock your CPU. which does not make sense if you are getting a K series CPU. but for video editing a Core i7 will be best.

but out of the two you are looking at, get which ever the one you want. both have marginal performance diffrance on the CPU side.

but if you are going to be using the integrated GPU for encoding and converting video then the 3570k on a Z77 motherboard will be your best bet.

please let me know what motherboard you are plaing to use this CPU on or if you are going to get a new one then here is suggestion get the ASUS P8Z77 - V or higher to get the beset of everything and use it with the 3570k.

what ever CPU you get 2500k, 2600/2700k, 3570k, 3770k you need to get a Z77 motherboard with good power delivery system ( all ASUS P8Z77 boards have good power delivery systems across all their boards on the the Z77 lineup )

i can afford both of them, yet dont really wanna splash out on an i7 if i dont have to.

am am using the asrock z77 fata1ity performance motherboard, and will an overclocked i5/i7 be a bottleneck with a n xfx HD 7770 OC edition???

thanks.

it will not bottleneck any video editing capabilities. i might a little bit on CPU heavy games

my HD 6870 does not bottleneck the 2500k @4.7ghz

but the HD 7770 will be a bottleneck period. if you are paling to play games at 1080P with some descant quality and FPSs.

so ya... thats what i can say about it.

in terms of your motherboard you are golden.

that is good motherboard from what i have heard and seen on the spec sheets

so what i am saying is that it the card itself is a bottleneck to the whole system. but i guess it will be fine as long as you are ok with lowering your graphics details. specially BF3.

It's worth noting that the performance increase with games would be minimal, since you probably are nearing a GPU-bottleneck with the i3 anyways (assuming it's SB/IB). Video editing performance would definitely be present though, so in that case it may be a nice upgrade.

fuck me 4.7ghz, Job well done ahha, and yeah i kinda didnt think it through when i bought all the parts, i kinda focused on having a good motherboard, psu and maxed out ram and i run bf3 with a high preset on 1080p and about 40 fps average drops to 30 sometimes when next to explosions. you have water cooling loop im guessing?

Also, while where on topic what gpu would you recommend?

I would say any is good but if you are going to do a lot of video the i7 is really good I have a i5 2500k and think it is really good they also over clock better then the 3570k but the 3570k also doesn't use as much power really any of the both are a good pick

@christoi whats sb/ib mean? and yeah when playing metro i see a big bottleneck like big fps drops just randomly

when i look at the gpu/cpu usage, gpu is like 70% and cpu is maxed out at 100% so a new cpu is key here,

just unsure which one? i7 has hyper-threaded cores? is that the only difference?

:) ya.... i modified a H100 and a H40

looks some thing like this ( outdated photo, i have finished the cooling loop and swapped out the motherboard to a P8Z77 - V , dont have a new photo handy)

8424206081_f0a333a256_b.jpg copy past in to ur brower to see the pic

a good Graphic card will be some thing like a HD7950, GTX670, GTX660ti, HD7870

@christoi whats sb/ib mean? and yeah when playing metro i see a big bottleneck like big fps drops just randomly

when i look at the gpu/cpu usage, gpu is like 70% and cpu is maxed out at 100% so a new cpu is key here,

just unsure which one? i7 has hyper-threaded cores? is that the only difference?

SB=Sandy Bridge iX-2XXX series

IB= Ivy Bridge iX-3XXX series

i7 adds hyperthreading and a couple more MBs of CPU cache.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

oh yeah *mind wank* and what benifits can you get from hyperthreading? my i3 has it....