Updrade GPU

Deeko

Thinking on a GPU upgrade, i have a msi gtx560 ti thinking on one more and have SLI or would you spend the money on a gtx670.

Many thanks for reply

Thinking on a GPU upgrade' date=' i have a msi gtx560 ti thinking on one more and have SLI or would you spend the money on a gtx670. Many thanks for reply [/quote']

Depends on the price you could get another for used, or the price you KNOW you could sell your 560Ti for.

SLI 560Ti is pretty decent, what resolution do you play at?

display is 1920/1080 single monitor , don't think i will sell the gxt560 ti as i could keep for an other low spec build. its working out is it worth the money for a used 560 ti or just go for the new £300 card like the gtx670.

Low fan noise would be a big plus if i had to get a new card, case i have is the HAF XM with Noctua fans

A 670 would be a better upgrade. 560 Ti's dont scale to well and with a single card upgrade you can always SLI that one at a later date. Also your PSU might not be able to handle the two cards and two 560's are going to use alot more power and be less efficient than a single 670.

Kind regards,

Jake.

A 670 would be a better upgrade. 560 Ti's dont scale to well and with a single card upgrade you can always SLI that one at a later date. Also your PSU might not be able to handle the two cards and two 560's are going to use alot more power and be less efficient than a single 670. Kind regards' date=' Jake. [/quote']

That is entirely false, ENTIRELY false.

Scaling with the more GPU stringent monitor resolutions starting at 1600x1200 and modern games you can gain 1.6x ~ 1.9x performance with two of these cards and that really is commendable.

Read the full review here.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_560_ti_sli_review,1.html

I would suggest the 670. I never really recommend to SLI previous gen cards over a single current gen card due to the increased power draw, increased heat output and increased headaches which are inevitable with dual GPU set ups, mainly due to the drivers. You would probably see a greater performance out of SLI 560s, however not enough to justify the extra effort required to get them running. You could see your 560TI for around $130 and then deduct that off of your 670 - paying less is always a good thing :D

I also say go with the 670. Linus even said he likes 1 GPU over 2 because some games aren't optomised for dual GPU's. so your fps with go up and down randomly and a single GPU with stay more consistent.

i would also go with the 670 because it will use less power and u could also upgrade to sli at a later date in time

I love gaming,pc building,talking tech.

I would say get the GTX 670. Although SLI is getting better with newer drivers being released, but there is always still a problem when have 2 older cards then having one current generation card, sure the GTX 560's will most likely have a slightly better performance but not enough to put in the extra effort for such a small performance difference, as stated by "Mod" Dave above. Not to forget that two GTX 560 ti will have significantly higher temperatures compared to a single GTX 670.

Many thanks for all the replies , will look into a GTX 670.

Any suggestions will be gladly looked into.