Correct graphic card for surround gaming

atle

Hey I have a question.

I’m planning to build a new computer.

I’m planning to use this computer for gaming in surround monitors, photoshop and I’m going to record video's but that will be rarely.

But I have no idea what graphic card I should buy.

I was thinking to buy 2 x 660 ti or a single 680.

What do u guys recommend from those to or maybe something else for the same price point?

If you're using multiple monitors I would recommend a 7950 or a 7970 as they both have 3Gb of memory which helps with high resolutions. GTX 680 4Gb cards perform only slightly better than the 2Gb version even with multi monitor setups unless you're playing with 3 2560x1600 monitors. http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_680_4gb,4.html

If you are editing with adobe products, I'd go with nvidia because of cuda. GTX 680 2 or 4 would be pretty good.

An HD 7970 3GB card is what you will need , fortunately OpenCL is supported in photoshop ,the only program that still only supports Cuda is adobe premiere (video editing suite).

So you will not be needing an nVidia product for the requirements/needs that you have listed .

Furthermore AMD Eyefinity is a tad easier to setup & has better support than nVidia surround .

AMD Eyefinity also supports twice as many active monitors than surround, but if you want to play video games in 3D you'll be better off with nVidia , because their 3D vision feature is more mature than AMDs HD3D .

I hope this was helpful .

Thanks for all the comments already! :)

Will a single HD 7970 3GB card offer a high enough fps in surround gaming.

Let’s say in black ops 2 ?

In black ops 2, probably yes, because cod has console graphics.

Ignore anyone running 1080p and telling you you need a 4gb kepler.

660ti has a gimped memory bus that fails @ 3x1080p

7950 xfire is where the smart money is for this res. Outperforms 680 SLI due to the 680s smaller series of tubes and in the UK at least you can almost get them for the price of a single 680.

I'm using an overclocked 7970 and it runs BF3 on medium settings at 5760x1080 at 60 FPS. You should be fine with black ops 2.

7950 xfire is where the smart money is for this res

I don't recommend multi GPU setups unless you're already running a high end card and it's still not enough. A lot of my games had issues when I was running dual 6970's.