Problem with The Crew (could be my monitor too)

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by Ialyrn,

Go to "/mydocuments/TheCrew/" and right click on "PCScalabilty" and select "edit". Then make sure these things read like this (DesktopResX="1920" DesktopResY="1080") & (Width="1920" Height="1080"), save and try loading the game. Once in game, set to whatever resolution your monitor is capable off.

Hello.

Okay, so I got this game for free with my GTX 970, but when I download and play it, my monitor (ViewSonic VA2213w) gives me an Out of Range error. I'm sure that it's my monitor giving the error, I know what it looks like. Is there anything I can do?

And please, no Ubisoft hate.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Looks like the game is trying to force the resolution above 1080p for some reason.

From a look about, if you go to "Documents" and there should be a Ubisoft folder, in there a "The crew" folder, so on and so forth, until you find something that resembles a configuration file, you could delete it to reset it to factory, or edit it to 1080p

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

Go to "/mydocuments/TheCrew/" and right click on "PCScalabilty" and select "edit". Then make sure these things read like this (DesktopResX="1920" DesktopResY="1080") & (Width="1920" Height="1080"), save and try loading the game. Once in game, set to whatever resolution your monitor is capable off.

Looks like the game is trying to force the resolution above 1080p for some reason.

From a look about, if you go to "Documents" and there should be a Ubisoft folder, in there a "The crew" folder, so on and so forth, until you find something that resembles a configuration file, you could delete it to reset it to factory, or edit it to 1080p

Thanks guys. It had set to 2560 x1440. I thought this could be the issue, as Garry's Mod suggested it too when it's normally invisble.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.