best PC speaker set up for 350$

Darkinstinct

Harmon Kardon SoundSticks III or SoundSticks Wireless. Amazing 2.1 speaker system for the money.

Audio is not like that. A good system today will still be a good system 3 years from now. If you want to spend all of your budget, i suggest the Audioengine A5+ but once you get over around $250 diminishing returns hits pretty hard. If this is your first sytem, the polk ones will be great. I don't think you would be able to tell the difference between that and a more expensive one anyway. 

Its my first personal speaker set up, I have friends in music production so im not a deaf ear I just dont know the technical knowledge behind speaker hardware so I made this post to brain storm with people that have more experience with the hardware, I have always been the guy with his head inside the computer case when it comes to know how so this is just one of the fields that im working on being more familiar with. That diminishing returns thing on cost is a familiar pain when it comes to most computer tech not just speakers so i know what you mean.

Its my first personal speaker set up, I have friends in music production so im not a deaf ear I just dont know the technical knowledge behind speaker hardware so I made this post to brain storm with people that have more experience with the hardware, I have always been the guy with his head inside the computer case when it comes to know how so this is just one of the fields that im working on being more familiar with. That diminishing returns thing on cost is a familiar pain when it comes to most computer tech not just speakers so i know what you mean.

I didn't mean the no difference as in your ears aren't as good to hear the difference it's that really high end audio stuff hardware wise actually isn't all that much better because of diminishing returns. The A5+ is my recommended over $300 and after that I usually recommend you get a sub if you want to spend more than that. 

I didn't mean the no difference as in your ears aren't as good to hear the difference it's that really high end audio stuff hardware wise actually isn't all that much better because of diminishing returns. The A5+ is my recommended over $300 and after that I usually recommend you get a sub if you want to spend more than that.

oh ok, well if i were to go with those A5+'s what would you suggest i purchase to go with them? I did want to be able to add to a set up in the future still so an amp/dac would still be in my future because I will need it to add a SUB/ surround audio speakers to those A5+'s.

oh ok, well if i were to go with those A5+'s what would you suggest i purchase to go with them? I did want to be able to add to a set up in the future still so an amp/dac would still be in my future because I will need it to add a SUB/ surround audio speakers to those A5+'s.

An amp/dac won't make a difference for powered speakers. If you are set on upgrading to surround than go for passive speakers. I am so confused now because I have no idea what you're trying to do. You don't really "upgrade" audio. Once you get to a certain price point that is.  

An amp/dac won't make a difference for powered speakers. If you are set on upgrading to surround than go for passive speakers. I am so confused now because I have no idea what you're trying to do. You don't really "upgrade" audio. 

sorry, bad use of terms lol

i mean add to the set up, add a sub, a center,  back left, back right

I dont have a TV because i use my Monitor as my TV so this is a computer speaker set up but eventually i want to turn it into something of a surround sound system.

sorry, bad use of terms lol

i mean add to the set up, add a sub, a center,  back left, back right

I dont have a TV because i use my Monitor as my TV so this is a computer speaker set up but eventually i want to turn it into something of a surround sound system.

Ah ok I suggest you can get either cheaper speakers like the polks now and a receiver for surround now or get some more expensive passives now and the lepai amp and you can get the rest later. These yamahas are great too and they're on a pretty good deal right now. You will be happy with any of these.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/yamaha-hs5

Ah ok I suggest you can get either cheaper speakers like the polks now and a receiver for surround now or get some more expensive passives now and the lepai amp and you can get the rest later. These yamahas are great too and they're on a pretty good deal right now. You will be happy with any of these.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/yamaha-hs5

those yamaha's seem much more promising for the price, you think the lepai with those is a good buy then?

those yamaha's seem much more promising for the price, you think the lepai with those is a good buy then?

Ah I messed up. The Yamahas are powered and not passive. These are pretty good. But there are more good ones than bad. I'd say pick one from Polk, Infinity, Klipsch, Pioneer or Sony and you'll be fine. There are a few more good brands too. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000V2UBS8/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Ah I messed up. The Yamahas are powered and not passive. These are pretty good. But there are more good ones than bad. I'd say pick one from Polk, Infinity, Klipsch, Pioneer or Sony and you'll be fine. There are a few more good brands too. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000V2UBS8/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

ok so these are the better option with the lepai for pairing with a sub and rear speakers in the future instead of the yamahas?

ok so these are the better option with the lepai for pairing with a sub and rear speakers in the future instead of the yamahas?

Yes but you can look around for any bookshelves from a good brand and you'll be fine. Also you should buy used when you can. It's the same thing for much cheaper. 

Need to figure out the best sounding speaker set up possible to go with the new Rig im building in 2 weeks. I have no idea what good brands are or what good prices would be when it comes to audio so please if you have suggestions i would be very happy to see/hear them, I live in the US.

Consider getting an AV receiver, a pair of bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer. You can build a basic 2.1 set with your $450.

Consider getting an AV receiver, a pair of bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer. You can build a basic 2.1 set with your $450.

Need to figure out the best sounding speaker set up possible to go with the new Rig im building in 2 weeks. I have no idea what good brands are or what good prices would be when it comes to audio so please if you have suggestions i would be very happy to see/hear them, I live in the US.

Polk T15, Polk PSW10 and Denon AVRS500BT-R can cost just $~380 from Amazon.

You can also get a nicer pair of speakers and/or receiver and postpone the sub (if you are willing to save up for a nicer system).

Polk T15, Polk PSW10 and Denon AVRS500BT-R can cost just $~380 from Amazon.

You can also get a nicer pair of speakers and/or receiver and postpone the sub (if you are willing to save up for a nicer system).

thats what i was wanting to do actually, get the sub later and use the full budget on the main stereo set up then save up another 400 and pick up more parts for the set up

My quick 2 cents

If you decide to go cheaper, I've tried the Corsiar Sp2500s, the Bose compaion 5s and the Klipsch Promedia 2.1s.

I found the Bose while clear and concise to be a bit underwhelming (and lower output). The Corsiars are fantastic all round speakers and you can't really go wrong with them. With that said, I absolutely LOVE my Klipsch Promedia 2.1s! The lower frequencies can be a bit overwhelming, but every time I turn them on I am pleasantly reminded why they were the best $100 purchase I have ever made. To fill the rest of your budget, I they respond highly to the audio signal. Get a decent DAC (minunum of 98db Snr) and adjusting the volume on a separate amp can clean things up as well.

Side note: For some reason the built in 3.5mm jack on mine sounded horrible, but thankfully there's an AUX input on the side of the control speaker. 

thats what i was wanting to do actually, get the sub later and use the full budget on the main stereo set up then save up another 400 and pick up more parts for the set up

Cool. Check out the Infinity Primus line of speakers. They perform very well for the price.

Cool. Check out the Infinity Primus line of speakers. They perform very well for the price.

any other suggestions?

any other suggestions?

At this price range:

1. Infinity Primus

2. Fluance SX

3. Energy CB

4. JBL ES

5. BIC Venturi

6. Pioneer (Andrew Jones models)

European brands are quite expensive in the US, so most will be out of the budget. 

Have you considered a receiver ?

if you have speakers you are most likely half way set.

Please Note this is only a suggestion as you said you welcome that.

I suggest the VSX-524-K

From Pioneer here is the link
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-524-K

Suggested Price: $249.99 In USA ,as i noticed you are in Florida ,hope this is correct .

These Logitech bundle sound systems package deals with the sub and sat- speakers ,ive tryed
these out and found thgem to be very bland ,others may say it's great if you are up close and personal .

But then again my sound system is this.

1522685_10202189815460296_1322122325_o.j

1498084_10202189818140363_797208816_o.jp

1492652_10202189816580324_1938185788_o.j

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w