philips 220e issue.

skljom

I bought this monitor 3 years ago, it is 1920x1080 monitor with VGA only connector. The problem is I have strange black color/dark color issue, like the pixes all went to the right side, the black color is blurry to the right side, when I touch and move my VGA connectors they appear stronger or they are smaller. But I bought the brand new VGA cable with some gold platet endings. I reseated connectors a thousand times. They are super screwed in now and this issue still occurs. Is my monitor dying?

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

Do not use VGA. VGA at 1080p is already pushing it quite a lot.

VGA is prone of interference, and doesn't mean it has gold plated connectors that it helps do anything. It needs to be fully shielded, and done properly, and short... shorter the better.

It was fine back in the old days, because CRT monitor were analogue so you don't convert the signal twice. (digital to analogue, then analogue to digital). Also, the analogue to digital converter on LCD monitor usually sucks, to keep cost down. And, also resolution of CRT monitors where lower, and supported higher refresh rate, which sent a stronger signal through VGA cable, and allowed you to see, a nicer, cleaner picture.

Use the DVI connector.

From best to worst display connector on PC side:

DisplayPort > dual-link DVI > HDMI > VGA.

Do not use VGA. VGA at 1080p is already pushing it quite a lot.

VGA is prone of interference, and doesn't mean it has gold plated connectors that it helps do anything. It needs to be fully shielded, and done properly, and short... shorter the better.

It was fine back in the old days, because CRT monitor were analogue so you don't convert the signal twice. (digital to analogue, then analogue to digital). Also, the analogue to digital converter on LCD monitor usually sucks, to keep cost down. And, also resolution of CRT monitors where lower, and supported higher refresh rate, which sent a stronger signal through VGA cable, and allowed you to see, a nicer, cleaner picture.

Use the DVI connector.

From best to worst display connector on PC side:

DisplayPort > dual-link DVI > HDMI > VGA.

but my monitor only has VGA connector . . . . My GPU got displayport,hdmi, and dvi. I use DVI to VGA on my gpu and than cable to the monitor.

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

Yes, you are correct, I was looking at the wrong model. Sorry about that.

Well, time to save up, and get yourself a nice monitors, like a fully adjustable one, IPS panel.