Low DPC latency Z97 board.

Hello

I have a custom build with these parts

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($214.95 @ Vuugo)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($154.79 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Intel 530 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($157.84 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($214.00 @ Canada Computers)
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Other: Kingston Hyperxfury Memory Red 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1866 CL10 Dual Channel Memory Kit ($86.99)
Total: $1108.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-18 17:15 EDT-0400

The motherboard however has high DPC latency, inpacting daily use. Coming from the USBPORT.sys or intel USB3 controller when that is enabled. I talked with some friends and talked to ASUS tech support amd they agree it is a defective board because this happens with a fresh install of Windows. Unfortunatly getting the board RMA'd might take months they said because the replacement is out of stock and I need this PC working as soon as possible for school/work, I tested my perihipals wiith several other computers including a "known good" build that has a Intel 1156 cheap-o motherboard and it passed with flying colors. So that is not the probvlem.

Can any recomend any good Z97 motherboards that don't have any of these issues. I was looking at some of the ASRock motherboards and they seem OK in this regard, thanks.

jtl

Hello

I have a custom build with these parts

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($214.95 @ Vuugo)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ Memory Express)

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($154.79 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Intel 530 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($157.84 @ TigerDirect Canada)

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($214.00 @ Canada Computers)

Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Canada Computers)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Other: Kingston Hyperxfury Memory Red 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1866 CL10 Dual Channel Memory Kit ($86.99)

Total: $1108.53

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-18 17:15 EDT-0400

The motherboard however has high DPC latency, inpacting daily use. Coming from the USBPORT.sys or intel USB3 controller when that is enabled. I talked with some friends and talked to ASUS tech support amd they agree it is a defective board because this happens with a fresh install of Windows. Unfortunatly getting the board RMA'd might take months they said because the replacement is out of stock and I need this PC working as soon as possible for school/work, I tested my perihipals wiith several other computers including a "known good" build that has a Intel 1156 cheap-o motherboard and it passed with flying colors. So that is not the probvlem.

Can any recomend any good Z97 motherboards that don't have any of these issues. I was looking at some of the ASRock motherboards and they seem OK in this regard, thanks.

jtl

Always had great luck with Gigabyte with usability and RMA speed. Main reason I'll never buy Asus is due to their crap  customer service. As available as JJ (Asus rep that goes on a lot of tech shows) is I sure wish someone would ask why their RMA department is so slow.  

Which version of Windows are you using? I get massive DPC latency on Windows 8 with my MSI board but Windows 7 works just fine, so maybe give that a try before changing boards.

well i would call Asus about it, and just explain your problems.

unfortunatly high latency issues somethimes happen.

i suffer from high DPL aswell on my Asus AM3+ board, so probably now and then you get one.

I think that Asus could give you a refund, or offer you a new compairable mobo.

like the Asus Z97-AR for example.

That high dpc latency issue cant be fixed anyway so yeah.

Windows 7 x64

I tried suggesting getting a new board from them and they said they couldn't exchange it for another one, unfortunatly. I've done seem research on Gigabyte boards and the DPC latency seems constant around 200. I have a Thinkpad with that level of DPC latnecy and get no audio lag or mouse lag. However it is an AMD system. Some of the MSI boards such as the MSI Z97-Gaming 7 seem good in terms of DPC latency.

Windows 7 x64

I tried suggesting getting a new board from them and they said they couldn't exchange it for another one, unfortunatly. I've done seem research on Gigabyte boards and the DPC latency seems constant around 200. I have a Thinkpad with that level of DPC latnecy and get no audio lag or mouse lag. However it is an AMD system. Some of the MSI boards such as the MSI Z97-Gaming 7 seem good in terms of DPC latency.

I´m basicly on the same page as you.

i want to upgrade to Z97 from AMD, but i just dont wanne deal with terrible dpc latency again.

66557.png

I can highly recommend the MSI boards, using 2 myself

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I´m basicly on the same page as you.

i want to upgrade to Z97 from AMD, but i just dont wanne deal with terrible dpc latency again.

Have you tried Latencymon? Tells you which drivers are causing it.

1kFolGy.png

For some reasons DPC latency checker always reports 1ms where as Latencymon reports 100µs. Hotlink to DL: http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Have you tried Latencymon? Tells you which drivers are causing it.

1kFolGy.png

For some reasons DPC latency checker always reports 1ms where as Latencymon reports 100µs. Hotlink to DL: http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Yeah its most likely the realtek lan chip :)

But yeah im currently looking for a decent Z97 or X99 mobo, with low DPC latency

Always had great luck with Gigabyte with usability and RMA speed. Main reason I'll never buy Asus is due to their crap  customer service. As available as JJ (Asus rep that goes on a lot of tech shows) is I sure wish someone would ask why their RMA department is so slow.  

It's very simple. JJ is advertising. He's cheap advertising. He's effective advertising. He makes money for ASUS. RMA loses money for ASUS. Companies are not inclined to do the things that cost them money as much as they are the things that earn them money. That's it in a nutshell.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

It's very simple. JJ is advertising. He's cheap advertising. He's effective advertising. He makes money for ASUS. RMA loses money for ASUS. Companies are not inclined to do the things that cost them money as much as they are the things that earn them money. That's it in a nutshell.

Well i realy like JJ.

How he talks about theire new products.

And allot of the things he says are basicly true.

But people somethimes seem to forget, that you get what you pay for with mobo´s.

Every brand has diffrent lines of boards, for diffrent purposes.

I didn't ask what JJ was. I know hes just a RP guy but if you have someone that is a company rep they they should ask him about RMA speeds since it's a known issue with Asus. 

I didn't ask what JJ was. I know hes just a RP guy but if you have someone that is a company rep they they should ask him about RMA speeds since it's a known issue with Asus. 

Buy your products from a shop with proper RMA. My shop here doesn't even bother sending defective products up to the manufacturer, you just get a new one.

Buy your products from a shop with proper RMA. My shop here doesn't even bother sending defective products up to the manufacturer, you just get a new one.

I do, i buy from amazon and or Microcenter and with them if I get a DoA item ill have a replacment or refund fast and easy. But what if 6 months from now my computer won't turn on? I gotta deal with me the manufacture