Fans for H60

Subzie

hi folks

Im kind of looking to change my fan that I use on my H60 which is mounted to my stock 2600k, currently I have 1x Akasa Viper on push but its pushing the air into the case, im looking to swap that out for something else.

I was looking at the Corsair SP120 fans and wondering if I should go with 2 of these fans in a push/pull configuration pushing the air through the radiator and out the back of the case, or would it be more advised to go for 1x SP120 for pushing the air and a AF120 to pull it outside the back of my case which is a Antec 1200.

currently in my case I have 3x120mm at the front for intake, 1x200mm at the top for exhaust and 1x120mm at the back for exhaust as well

if anyone has got any good suggestions then that would be appreciated as the response on the corsair forums I had was a bit lacklustre and I follow LTT for a while now so I thought id give this community a try as well.

any help would be awesome

Subzie

PS, on a side note, do I actually need to mount the fans with all 4 screws or can I just use 2 on 1 of the fans and the other 2 on the other fan,

I would say mount the radiator on the back of the case to pull air out the back. I know this doesnt seem like it would make sense because of the hot air higher in the case but it will keep the whole case cooler overall which increases the longevity of your whole build. As long as you have the H60 sharing the exhaust job with a fan or two on top of the case the performance drop shouldnt be very noticeable. 

If you go with the push/pull configuration out the back of your case you'll be getting great performance from your H60 and keep the case nice and cool. 

Short and Easy:

Keep your 3x120 front intake, 1x200 top exhaust, 2x120 push/pull through the radiator and out the back

I have a nearly identical setup (including the H60) in my Cooler Master HAF 912 build and I'm getting great results. 

okie so mount the radiator with push and pull, pushing the air out the case that's fine

now in terms of fans, I saw the Corsair SP and AF line of fans and was looking at a SP one for the push through the radiator, but for pull would another SP one be ok or a AF one be ok also quiet or performance fans, not sure which ones

Or does anyone have a suggestion as to a different brand potentially other than corsair for the fans

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering, but what's wrong w/ your Akasa Viper? All it says is you're pushing air into the case which doesn't seem like a reason to change fans.

Not criticizing or anything, but I wanted to know because I was thinking of picking up a pair and would prefer to avoid a bad purchase.