Gamer Audio

dasr1985

First off I'm posting this with complete ignorance for there being another post like this one, so I apologize in advance. Trust me this one is specific enough that it's difference. First off does anybody else have experience with the Razer Tiamat 2.2 head set? Or is everybody waiting on the darn things to come off back order like me right now? Also, I want to get opinions on a "strictly" gaming set up for audio. I'm not going for some sort of Niche absolute controlled acoustic set up that is gonna drain 1200.00 out of my wallet here. I'm looking for "best bang for the buck" opinions on a great set up to combo with a head set like mentioned above, or really for anybody who doesn't have the luxury of cranking an open sound system for fear of eviction.

Basicly a gamers set up mainly for head sets but doesn't sacrifice the ability to unplug that head set and still have great volume and quality for a standard 2.1 speaker set up at your desk.

Just use regular headphones and get a zalman mic. Alot of people suggest that setup.

I'm using the Zalman mic mentioned above, pretty good and my friends don't complain but I would prefer to get a Modmic in the future. As far as headphones go, what is your budget? If you don't mind spending around $80 the Audio-Technica AD-700 would be a great choice for you. Some cheaper popular options are the Superlux 681 and 688b would work out fine for you. I can give a couple more recommendations within a specific price range.

it's not that I really have a budget per say it's just that I want to be able to purchase value the "first time" rather than sort through some head sets and $800.00 later I'm like "yay I found great phones!!!" Now, again I mentioned I'm waiting on the Tiamat 2.2 head set from razer to come off back order. I received those through a promotion and ended up getting them for free.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-tiamat-22/