NF-a14 FLX or PWM?

Guady

So i'm planning on getting some Nf-a14's as case fans but i'm confused on which one to get as other places tell me to get the Flx version over the Pwm one. can someone explain to me why? 

as a case fan I would would the FLX version.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

FLX is quieter as it spins slower and moves less air at 12v, 60CFM vs 80 with the PWM version.

I'd go PWM personally.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

So buying the FLX will give me more slience, and if i buy the PWM it'll give me more airflow correct?

So buying the FLX will give me more slience, and if i buy the PWM it'll give me more airflow correct?

not quite, FLX version of the fan will run at a certain voltage at all times, while the PWM version will change according to the temperature if you have it connected to a 4 pin header. If you don't then it will work the same as a 3 pin fan.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

ahh. Thanks, and if i may know why would you use the FLX over the pwm?

I personally use the FLX version over the PWM version because the R4's built in fan control only supports 3 pin fans. But I don't oppose the PWM version if used for other applications.

thank you for the help. I think i'm gonna get the PWM since its the same price and just make some fan profiles. 

Mostly because of mobo. For example my mobo doesn't have PWM control on case fan headers. Only for CPU fan. So I use 3pins as case fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv