No LAN connection after sleep

Go to solution Solved by Punished07,

After several different attempts to get a stable connection I decided it is a problem with the ethernet cable coming from the router. The cable runs from the basement straight up to the second floor but in the basement there is excess wire making the run about 30 feet. The length shouldn't be a problem but it may just be the cable because I moved one of my DD-WRT repeaters to where the computer is and it works perfectly. I guess i'll either get a PCI wireless adapter of a range extender and call it done.

The problem is that after the system wakes up from sleep there is no LAN connection. The only things that seems to fix it ,temporarily, is to disable then enable, this sometimes works, or uninstall the driver and restart but that doesn't always work either. I have the most up to date driver and in have the "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" check box unchecked.

Motherboard: Asus M5A78l-M LX Plus
Onboard LAN: Realtek 8111e

Update: After coming back from sleep with the LAN down if I disconnect then reconnect the physical ethernet cord the system will then recognize it. Why does it work when i do this but not from start-up or coming back from sleep?

CPU: FX 8350 MOBO: MSI 970A-G46 RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 GPU: EVGA 560ti SLI Case: Corsair 300R Cooler: Corsair H60 - push pull CM Excaliber SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB HDD: 1TB Hitachi, 4TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650V2

If there's many devices connecting to your network, that might the problem there.

My guess is when your computer sleeps, your router/network has already assigned an IP address to your computer and when it wakes up, it'll just use that IP address without requesting for a new one.

However, disabling and enabling the network adapter should refresh the IP address. So does re-plugging the LAN cable itself.

It might be your network configuration/setup if you're pretty sure you've done everything you could with your computer.

At the moment there are only 4 devices on the network and they are all wireless, The first is a desktop then my Nexus 7 along with 2 DD-WRT repeaters. Ill have to get into the router and check the settings. Thanks for the insight.

CPU: FX 8350 MOBO: MSI 970A-G46 RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 GPU: EVGA 560ti SLI Case: Corsair 300R Cooler: Corsair H60 - push pull CM Excaliber SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB HDD: 1TB Hitachi, 4TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650V2

After several different attempts to get a stable connection I decided it is a problem with the ethernet cable coming from the router. The cable runs from the basement straight up to the second floor but in the basement there is excess wire making the run about 30 feet. The length shouldn't be a problem but it may just be the cable because I moved one of my DD-WRT repeaters to where the computer is and it works perfectly. I guess i'll either get a PCI wireless adapter of a range extender and call it done.