Noctua NF-F12 vs NF-P12 on DH-14

wpirobotbuilder

The Noctua DH-14 comes with an NF-P12 and P-14 as the stock fans, what tangible temperature benefits might I get by upgrading those to the NF-F12 and NF-A15?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

NF-F12s will be louder and perform a little better. They're not really worth the cost of upgrading.

Thanks!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Yea what Art Vandelay said. The P series are the balanced fans and the F series are for heatsinks and radiators. Not worth getting F's if you already have P's.

Yea what Art Vandelay said. The P series are the balanced fans and the F series are for heatsinks and radiators.

Not really. The P fans are designed only for quiet, the F fans are designed for performance.

The nf-f12s sound like a continuous fart on my rads... I still love them so!

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

I have both the f12 and p12's

contrary to what others say, my f12's are pretty much silent.

Save for the faint gentle sound of the air being pushed through the rad/fan grills at high rpm, the motor noise some people are having is non-existent.

Worth mentioning though, I'm running them off the molex powered 4-pin fan splitter (PWM fan controlled by the motherboard) that was bundled with my Swiftech H220.

I did try to run one of them directly off the motherboard CPU header and that however did generate a very annoying motor noise at anything over 50% (~800rpm reported by the motherboard).

For the OP's question, your p12/p14 is surely great as they are. The f12/a14 shouldn't improve too much, only 2-3C tops.

If you have room/need for an additional case fan however it could be a decent excuse to get double f12's and then mount your current p12 and p14 as case fans.

If you happen to decide on upgrading your fans, I personally would suggest double f12's over the f12/a14 mix simply because the D14, while massive, isn't large enough to make full use of the more expensive 140mm fan (the dimensions is better fitted for 120 dimensions).

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders