Good Monitor for GTX 780 ?

BLCT

Yo forums! I just got this rock solid EVGA Gtx 780 SC this card is a BEAST! But I am looking for a monitor to go along with it. I also do a bit of content creation but nothing to crazy like colourworks etcc.. I was thinking about getting this Asus PB278Q, it's like the "perfect" monitor! But the only problem is that that monitor is 1440p. I've been told many many many times that a Gtx 780 and a 1440p monitor on games on ultra is a recipe for disaster! If it helps, do you think i should return my 780 and get the EVGA Gtx 780 6gb SC ? Any monitor suggestions would be nice!

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

How exactly would it be recipe for disaster? That monitor would be solid imo.

What is your budget and I'm sure we'll get you a better one.

ZEUS

CPUi7 4770K - 4.4Ghz CoolerNoctua NH-D14 MB: Maximus VI Hero RAM4 x 4GB Vengeance Pro DDR3 2133Mhz GPUWindforce 780ti Case: Corsair C70 Storage: 3 x 128GB 840 Pro SSD in RAID 0 , 2 x 1TB Barracuda PSU860W AX860i Displays: Asus VG248QE 144Hz , Asus VE247H 60Hz KeyboardRazer Blackwidow 2013 MouseRazer Deathadder SoundSennheiser HD 558 Mic: Blue Snowball

"If I'm not quoted I probably won't reply back to you."

I wouldn't play games with a GTX 780 on ultra but a mix of high and ultra. You'll have a solid 60FPS on high settings. Also, if you want to upgrade, you can use the EVGA Step Up program.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

budget?

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

My friend has that same monitor with his 780ti.  I'm sure it works perfectly fine.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

My budget is around $600, I was at Canada's Computers the other day testing it out. I looked like i wanted to steal something, it was a jaw dropping experience.  

Do you guys think that it's worth it to step up and buy the EVGA Gtx 780 6gb or the reference card ? Does vram even make a different in terms of fps ? 

Do you guys think that it's worth it to step up and buy the EVGA Gtx 780 6gb or the reference card ? Does vram even make a different in terms of fps ? 

The VRAM might help in some circumstances, but for the most part 3GB should do. I'd save your step-up to see if the 880 launch brings anything new to the table (slated September announcement).

The VRAM might help in some circumstances, but for the most part 3GB should do. I'd save your step-up to see if the 880 launch brings anything new to the table (slated September announcement).

In what circumstances are we speaking about ?

In what circumstances are we speaking about ?

High resolutions and highly nodded games. Future games and badly optimised games. Biggest benefit would be in an sli configuration though as the gpu itself won't run things very well at such high ram usage.

High resolutions and highly nodded games. Future games and badly optimised games. Biggest benefit would be in an sli configuration though as the gpu itself won't run things very well at such high ram usage.

I think i am planning on going sli, but do you think two gtx 780 6gb sli on 1440p is a little of an over kill ? or should i just stick with a reference 780 and just sli it.

I think i am planning on going sli, but do you think two gtx 780 6gb sli on 1440p is a little of an over kill ? or should i just stick with a reference 780 and just sli it.

Just stick with what you have for now and SLI it later.