My moms PC, GPU upgrade issue

So my mom has a PC that is now I think 8 years old, and she has a nice LG monitor, HD, but her PC has VGA.....

Issue: Instal of the AMD drivers always failed

RAM: 3GBs 1330mhz

Motherbored: Asus Model unknown

CPU: Intel Pentium dual cpu E2180 2GHz

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 500GB 7200RPM

I was going to instal her my old HD 7570, So she could get a lil performance boost and true HD as shes basically using sub-HD video.

Any options, tips or anything would be great, 

The video card worked by the way just driver instal failed.

So my mom has a PC that is now I think 8 years old, and she has a nice LG monitor, HD, but her PC has VGA.....

Issue: Instal of the AMD drivers allways failed

RAM: 3GBs 1330mhz

Motherbored: Asus Model unknown

CPU: Pentium 2 1.8GHz (?)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 500GB 7200RPM

I was going to instal her my old HD 7570, So she could get a lil performance boost and true HD as shes basically using sub-HD video.

Any options, tips or anything would be great, 

The video card worked by the way just driver instal failed.

Whoa, first of all, why running Vista with a Pentium 2? I think the hardware may not support the driver.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Whoa, first of all, why running Vista with a Pentium 2? I think the hardware may not support the driver.

I don't know Lol. Its an 8 year old PC and 32bit because 3GBs of ram, you need 4 for 64bit. the drivers have a 32bit option. 

It doesn't have a Pentium II

An HD 7570 would work great btw

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I highly doubt a Pentium 2 machine can have 3gb of Ram. Or else this machine would've cost balls and sack back in 97

CPU: Pentium 2 1.8GHz (?)

There is no such thing I am afraid... even Pentium 3's barely reached 1.4ghz if I recall correctly. Must be a p4 or a pentium from one of the later released low end series.

As a first thing I would get rid of vista, in fact a solution might be to install a linux distro instead and let it fetch its own drivers. I recommend xubuntu for that pc.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

There is no such thing I am afraid... even Pentium 3's barely reached 1.4ghz if I recall correctly. Must be a p4 or a pentium from one of the later released low end series.

As a first thing I would get rid of vista, in fact a solution might be to install a linux distro instead and let it fetch its own drivers. I recommend xubuntu for that pc.

Vista isn't so bad, once you get SP1.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It doesn't have a Pentium II

An HD 7570 would work great btw

its an Intel Pentium dual cpu E2180 2GHz

Oh. Good. Clears it all up. Next time just say Pentium Dual Core. You had me shaken up there for a sec.

Oh. Good. Clears it all up. Next time just say Pentium Dual Core. You had me shaken up there for a sec.

Well you should know something isn't right when he said Pentium II and 3GB RAM

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Yeah that CPU is good enough. I would actually recommend getting her an SSD too

Sorry its difficult to get to her PC. 

And she's afraid of upgrading because she'll lost alot of her files and what not and apparently some of her stuff isn't compatible with windows 7, she says she will upgrade and get to it... but I fear she will just ignore it till her PC dies, so im trying to help and put things into my own hands. 

Yeah that CPU is good enough. I would actually recommend getting her an SSD too

one thing at a time, installing the AMD 7570 drivers. 

Sorry its difficult to get to her PC. 

And she's afraid of upgrading because she'll lost alot of her files and what not and apparently some of her stuff isn't compatible with windows 7, she says she will upgrade and get to it... but I fear she will just ignore it till her PC dies, so im trying to help and put things into my own hands. 

Well the data problem. Well, if you can upgrade to Windows 7 32 bit, then the data can be saved. Maybe some of your hardware is outdated. Try to use CPUZ to find MB model number.

Well the data problem. Well, if you can upgrade to Windows 7 32 bit, then the data can be saved. Maybe some of your hardware is outdated. Try to use CPUZ to find MB model number.

Oh I know it can be upgraded, We got to that point before she freaked out and told em to stop (the data partition/format) 

Oh I know it can be upgraded, We got to that point before she freaked out and told em to stop (the data partition/format) 

Then don't think about the partitioning. If it freaks her out, then just ignore it.

Vista isn't so bad, once you get SP1.

Still, it's a very heavy system and it won't run very well on a pentium dual core. xubuntu will be lightning fast on that pc.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Still, it's a very heavy system and it won't run very well on a pentium dual core. xubuntu will be lightning fast on that pc.

well if she does work on that pc, and some programs she says arent even available for w7 they will much less be available for xubuntu. Plus she would have a learning cure to get up on, and that is not something old people like.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

well if she does work on that pc, and some programs she says arent even available for w7 they will much less be available for xubuntu. Plus she would have a learning cure to get up on, and that is not something old people like.

True. I guess it depends if she does anything other than browsing the internet, watching movies and using office. If she doesn't, xubuntu is fine, if she does, it could be a problem. Still an upgrade to at least windows 7 would do that pc a lot of good.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*