Buying a New Headset (or headphone + mic combo)

Teslamonger
Go to solution Solved by Dylan lol,

game one or game zero is prob the best headset

Doesn't appear as if the Custom One Pro mic has a built in mute button... would the BoomPro mic work with the Custom One Pro headset?

Probably, both use a standard 3.5mm jack IIRC. (can't guarantee)  Personally don't use built in mutes.  I use Push to talk on VOIPs like TeamSpeak/Ventrillo or on skype its always open mic since you can't choose. but skype has a mute. Your PC has a mute. lol

I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker IMO.

EDIT: you could try it but if it doesn't work you'd have to buy the COP's mic anyway to gain that feature.

Probably, both use a standard 3.5mm jack IIRC. (can't guarantee)  Personally don't use built in mutes.  I use Push to talk on VOIPs like TeamSpeak/Ventrillo or on skype its always open mic since you can't choose. but skype has a mute. Your PC has a mute. lol

I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker IMO.

EDIT: you could try it but if it doesn't work you'd have to buy the COP's mic anyway to gain that feature.

Man... So now I'm in the same position I was in when I first started considering buying a new headset, where a single feature on each headset throws me off. Thinking I might just buy a yeti + COP/LP2.

:x

Man... So now I'm in the same position I was in when I first started considering buying a new headset, where a single feature on each headset throws me off. Thinking I might just buy a yeti + COP/LP2.

:x

do you really need an in-line mute?  I can't seem to think of a reason to have one.  And my PC 350 SE does have it.  but for me the mic is either in use or not.  so mute isn't something i do.  i'm having a difficult time understanding the need.

up to you.  but isn't a blue yetti and COP/LP2 more expensive then just COP/COP mic or LP2/boom pro mic?

do you really need an in-line mute?  I can't seem to think of a reason to have one.  And my PC 350 SE does have it.  but for me the mic is either in use or not.  so mute isn't something i do.  i'm having a difficult time understanding the need.

up to you.  but isn't a blue yetti and COP/LP2 more expensive then just COP/COP mic or LP2/boom pro mic?

I get interrupted every so often (frequent enough that I love the flip to mute feature on my Vengeance 2000s), and it helps keep others from hearing random or awkward conversations. Tabbing into Skype, then pressing the mute button would take significantly longer.

I get interrupted every so often (frequent enough that I love the flip to mute feature on my Vengeance 2000s), and it helps keep others from hearing random or awkward conversations. Tabbing into Skype, then pressing the mute button would take significantly longer.

oh ok.  Fair enough.  I not big skype user often.  when i do I don't care if conversations are overheard since i'm only with people i know.  

you could unplug the mic from the headset though.  IDK.  without the mic it looses a selling point of being an all in one of a solution.   I don't like my desk cluttered with more wires of a desk mic but thats just me.

oh ok.  Fair enough.  I not big skype user often.  when i do I don't care if conversations are overheard since i'm only with people i know.  

you could unplug the mic from the headset though.  IDK.  without the mic it looses a selling point of being an all in one of a solution.   I don't like my desk cluttered with more wires of a desk mic but thats just me.

But, unplugging the microphone would unplug the ENTIRE headset, which would be terribly inconvenient, haha.

The struggle is real... After thinking about it, I'm likely to just get the Sennheisers due to the convenience of the flip to mute feature, unless a new recommendation that is superior rolls along.

you better get a good amplifier with the G4ME ZERO because it requires alot of power to see its true glory.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

you better get a good amplifier with the G4ME ZERO because it requires alot of power to see its true glory.

darthnoooooo.jpg

darthnoooooo.jpg

Exactly my reaction... So, if I plugged it into my Xonar DX, would I be underwhelmed?

Exactly my reaction... So, if I plugged it into my Xonar DX, would I be underwhelmed?

No. Nothing from Sennheiser needs lots of amplification.

Well, seems like I might be grabbing the G4ME ZERO by tomorrow. Any last minute recommendations to change my mind?