How much did your sleeving cost?

Christian

I have just calculated that sleeving, heatshrink, and a pin removal tool from MDPC will cost me $100!! That's a lot of money for a bit of sleeving! I want to know what others have spent to see if it is worth it. Include pics if you want.

That's why I use paracord. If I were to use anything else, I would get 300feet of MDPC which you can get for like $60USD on their site.

I actually purchased that originally when i bought all the components, but the sleeving doesn't look very nice. It's shiny and plasticy. Also there isn't really enough in the kit of single sleeving to do more than maybe an 8 or 6 pin plug. So now i've got the rest of the kit sitting there.

550 paracord is inexpensive, scads of color choices and options. can be finsihes with/without heatshrink

tubing termination.

airdeano

Yea i gotta go with paracord as well! It looks sooo god and its crazy cheap plus you can find so many colors

Ok I'm gonna go with paracord! As others have said, it's cheap, and easy to come by. Gonna get some in to Australia from the UK that's made in the US (seriously lol!) I think I might still try and get the heat shrink from MDPC though. Unless someone knows an easier alternative? Also, should I spend then $25 on the pin removal tool or just use staples? Because I had a cheaper one but broke it, and I don't wanna go spend $25 plus shipping and break the damn thing.

Yeah save some cash and go with some thick gauge staples at the hardware store. Might as well pick up heat shrink too while you are there.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent more than I care to admit...

Don't use staples. Save up and buy the real decrimper, it's hard to break as long as you're being nice to it.

Part # 11-03-0044

Much cheaper to get it at newark or alliedelec than MDPC.

I'd also advise against paracord, but it's good bang for your buck. If you're looking for something cheaper than MDPC, but nicer than paracord, there's a site called sleeve-modding.com that has excellent sleeving. Good luck!

Yeah save some cash and go with some thick gauge staples at the hardware store. Might as well pick up heat shrink too while you are there.
Holy crap I hate using depinning tools. I put like 3 holes in my shirt then I switched to staples. The only cables I use depinning tools on are fan and molex cables.

ive seen 550 paracord for $2.99 @ home depot for 50ft, though limited colors

they have it here at two little rock home depots..

airdeano

• 3 weeks later...

Paracord can look. I've tried both and settled on MDPC. It looks brighter and more vibrant, in my opinion. I've shared a photo of the paracord sleeving that I ended up NOT using.

post-7145-13667861655321_thumb.jpg