can anyone recomend me a good laptop?

beefs

Hello, i'm looking for a good laptop for light gaming ex. the sims 3, for around $600 i would like a 15" screen decent HDD or SSD and i don't have any other requirements but those. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I cant recommend a individual brand of computer but I can make a few recommendations to help keep the overall price down so you can have a nice SSD and some good fast RAM.

Laptops have special processors that have been clocked down and use less power. For a long time AMD had been making much better low power laptops processors. Until about sandy bridge and ivy bridge processors came around AMD had the best low power performance second only to ARM Processors. I do not recommend a pc for gaming with an ARM processor if you can even find one. An AMD system will cost less then a intel based system. AMD also has better integrated graphics then Intel.

Hopefully you will be able to find a great gaming laptop without integrated graphics at this price.

An AMD based laptop will be cheaper then and intel processor that performs the same clock for clock. With the savings you find a laptop with a great discreet AMD radeon or NVIDIA geforce graphics chip/card.

This should leave you some extra cash compared to an intel system. Hopefully with the money you can upgrade the ram to some nice Kingston (the brand I think has the best quality per-dollar. I personally use it on all my systems. ) or maybe some quality Corsair ram.

If your dead set on an intel system look for a i5 at least or maybe a i7 if you move your budget up. I would not recommend a i3 form any generation. The interrogated graphics in a i5 or i7 are far better then any i3. To get maximum power in an intel system at this price I would recommend a second generation i7 over a third generation i5 because of the higher graphics performance.

Even the latest high performance games use only one or two threads form the cpu. If you are looking to strictly game and do nothing else while gaming you will be better off with a dual core cpu and a great graphics. If you are looking to multi task while gaming then go for a quad core cpu. A quad core cpu will cost more then a dual core cpu though leaving less money for the graphics, SSD and RAM.

MY Recommendation for this price is an AMD dual core or quad core cpu and then AMD graphics. This will give you the best bang per dollar at this price point.