New Build Help please

Harbz

Hey guys i have decided to just go ahead and just get a whole new rig :D, i have around £1300 Budget for all my parts, and i have a rough idea what i want, just need confirmation that im making the right choices :). The rigs main use will be Gaming, using CAD Programs, Video Recording and Editing. Also needs to be silent as i can get it, as i will be using it at Uni and well dont want to keep the other ppl up all night like my current PC under load does LOOL.

CPU - i5 3570k

Cooler - Corsair H60i

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3U

Ram - Corsair XMS3 16GB 1600

Graphics - 2x Asus GTX 670's

Case - Fractal Design R4

Storage - 2 SSD's, Samsung 840 250gb, and Corsair F120(already have this), and 1TB Samsung Drive

Sound - Asus Xonar Essence STX

Power - SeaSonic Platinum-860W

What you guys think and what would you change?

Get a Corsair H100i or H80i and replace the fans with the SP series quiet edition. Maybe you can get a better case if you don't buy one of the SSD's...

Get a Corsair H100i or H80i and replace the fans with the SP series quiet edition. Maybe you can get a better case if you don't buy one of the SSD's...
Ah nvm about the case, that case have sound dampening materials everywhere right?

Yeah i believe so :D, so you think everything else is perfect ?

Swap the h60i for something like H80i or H100i that way you can run it at lower RPM's for better performance.

Yeah i believe so :D' date=' so you think everything else is perfect ?[/quote']

I guess is ok now but maybe you can do a little more research on ways to reduce the noise. :)

Since you're going to be doing work involving CAD, rendering, editing, etc. I would recommend upgrading to a 3770K with an H100i.

If you don't believe this is a necessary upgrade, drop your RAM down to 8GB. That would still be more than enough if you don't have a 3770K.

How did you make it all under 1300? The lowest I could get it was http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/wMdc

Since I saw that you were doing rendering, I changed it to the x79 platform and threw a i7 3820 on there. Did you mean you had both SSD's? Otherwise, there was no way for me to get it under 1300 with the SLI 670s. If you meant without the SSDs, this may be good http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/wMpC way over budget, but I have no idea how you got 2 670s in there with only 1300.

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/wMiM This is good with the samsung SSD.

Edit: http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/wMmY This is the same with a i7 3770k instead of the i7 3820, but I would still recommend the 3820 over the 1155 platform as it will benefit you a lot more. If you could show me how you got it under 1300 with 2 670s, I can tweak it with the 3820, but for now, that's the best I can put together.

My Rig:

• CPU: 1090T@4.1ghz
  • GPU: Gigabyte 7870
  • MOBO: Crosshair Formula V
  • RAM: 8GB 1333mhz
  • PSU: 650w corsair HX
  • SSD: 120GB Kingston HyperX
  • Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

Firstly i use a i5 instead of i7, so that takes out a bit, then i have cheaper RAM, Corsair XMS3, also i had the Samsung 840 250gb not the 840 Pro. I dont have a HDD, as im using my own lol, thats it really lol