NVIDIA Driver Issue

Scia

Hi,

So I've had this problem for quite a while now, using WHQL and Beta drivers alike.

I am currently running the 306.97 driver for my GTX 680. If I do update to anything "newer", my scores across Kombustor for example drop below 50%. The GPU does not even clock as high as it would if not being OCed. I have always made clean installs, since I do not use profiles within the driver, I have restarted and reentered the Afterburner [Running latest version usually] stuff. I do not see what I am doing wrong, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

yeah, these 310 drivers are trash with Kepler. .90 is unplayable in bf3

It may have something to do with the way the are beginning in incorporate pars of The GeForce Experience into the drivers.

yeah, these 310 drivers are trash with Kepler. .90 is unplayable in bf3
Don't know about you, but 310.90 is the same as 310.70 so you shouldn't be having issues if that's what you upgraded from. With all the past updates I've only ever gotten equal or better performance on my 680 so chances are your issues aren't driver related.

the only issue i have is with bf3, ive been running 306.97 because of it. The micro stutter is enough to drive you crazy.

I've had worse fps in every benchmarking utility, 3dmark, kombustor and so on show half the performance. GPU-Z comfirms that, doesn't clock nearly as high, and the voltages dont go up all the way to 1

1.175 as they usually do, probably nvidia qq about rma and lowered the V even more lawl. Not sure tho. Another reason why I am going amd in a few weeks ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

so after much troubleshooting, i have found that 310.70/90 don't like outdated bios on x79 boards, i flashed my asrock x79 extreme 6 and wallah, beautiful, no stutter and my heaven bench went up

I agree with the 310.xx drivers are rubbish sentiment. I can barely o/c my cards on them because they're so unstable.