$800-$1000 Intel Build

Guest wigginbm

Hello all i would like some suggestions on a new build that i am planning on doing in the next few weeks.

Budget Range: 800-1000$

System Usage :Hackintosh/Gaming. L.A Noire, GTA IV, SKYRIM, Would like to be able to play all games on 1080p ultra settings if possible

Are you buying a monitor:No

Parts to Upgrade: GPU,MOBO,PSU,RAM,CPU,SSD, Case. maybe a sound card

Do you need to buy OS: No will be running windows 8

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.com must be prime eligible or newegg.com free shipping

Parts Preferences: i5 3570k and Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H modular power supply, white maybe NZXT phantom. 8gb ram

Case must be compatible with Corsair H100.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments:From recent builds i have two 1tb hdds, one 64gb ssd, blu ray drive, h100 cooler and OS. Will buy open box, refurbished or used if its a better deal than buying something new. would like to know if 670 is better than 660ti for what i need to do.

Thanks.

I think the biggest problem you are going to run into is finding parts that will work on the Hackintosh.

This will be my 3rd hackintosh so i am familier with the process of finding compatible parts. the mobo i have selected is compatible. the gpu i plan to go with is compatible. that was only things that i had to make sure would work. everything else should not be a problem. i would like suggestions on cases ram power supplys and other stuff. also cases that are compatible with the h100.

as i mentioned in the original post i already have the h100 and the 3570k is the same price as the 2500k. my last rig was a 2500k x68 6870 hd. would you recommend getting the 660ti over the 670 for what i need. playing the above games at 1080p max settings

Do you need to buy OS: No will be running windows 8

So why are you making a hackintosh?

I run windows 8 to play games and run osx for everything eles. audio recording and some video editing.

as i mentioned in the original post i already have the h100 and the 3570k is the same price as the 2500k. my last rig was a 2500k x68 6870 hd. would you recommend getting the 660ti over the 670 for what i need. playing the above games at 1080p max settings

go with the 670 if you can.

If you're only going for 1080p gaming then save your money with the 660Ti. Only difference between 660Ti and 670 is basically the memory bus and that doesn't really become an issue when only running one monitor. However, something to take into consideration is CUDA. I believe the 670 has more CUDA cores and if you're doing video editing like you say, CUDA is extremely helpful in Adobe programs for GPU acclerated rendering, so I would give it some thought

thanks for the tips. i most likely wont be running any adobe programs. so im assuming final cut x only relies on the cpu.