Fan controller (A special one)

Thomieboy
Go to solution Solved by d3sl91,

Well, those 3 I have are Noctua NF-A14 ULN those costed me more than 80$ (europe).

Soo, when pushing the power button the fans run on 100% for 5 seconds then go down to the selected speed you set before ? If yes,  I will buy that one. 

Made a video, I believe this is the behavior you are wanting:

Hello,

I'm searching for a fan controller for my 3 fans. But.. On startup they must run on 12v for a second or two and then go to the sellected speed. 

I really, really..... hope someone can help me. Any form is good a 5.25 bay one or just a little box etc.

Thanks in advance  :D

~~ Sorry for bad English. I'm from Belgium. Thanks! Have a nice day!  ~~

why not use a pwm splitter, that way your fans will always start.

I m pretty shure my nzxt LXE does start at 12v.

the nzxt lx ans sentry 2 might also do the same.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

why not use a pwm splitter, that way your fans will always start.

I m pretty shure my nzxt LXE does start at 12v.

the nzxt lx ans sentry 2 might also do the same.

My fans are 3 pins,so no PWM for me. And I searched around and find a lot of bad review with these 3 NZXT fan controllers? Any idea why? Still, thanks, the sentry 2 is interesting

My fans are 2 pins,so no PWM for me. And I searched around and find a lot of bad review with these 3 NZXT fan controllers? Any idea why? Still, thanks, the sentry 2 is interesting

they do not keep your settings for fan speeds or the hour, it s very annoying and i would get another fan controller if possible.

getting new (and better) fans and a pwm splitter is probably cheaper than a fan controller btw.

a splitter is 5$, fans can be had for 10$, a controller is about 45$, so 4 new fans seams better to me.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Hello,

I'm searching for a fan controller for my 3 fans. But.. On startup they must run on 12v for a second or two and then go to the sellected speed. 

I really, really..... hope someone can help me. Any form is good a 5.25 bay one or just a little box etc.

I'm currently using a Sentry 2, and no matter the settings on the manual sliders, the fans run 100% for about 5 seconds after power on.

I love this controller so far, running 3x corsair SP120 and 3x 140mm fans. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

they do not keep your settings for fan speeds or the hour, it s very annoying and i would get another fan controller if possible.

getting new (and better) fans and a pwm splitter is probably cheaper than a fan controller btw.

a splitter is 5$, fans can be had for 10$, a controller is about 45$, so 4 new fans seams better to me.

Well, those 3 I have are Noctua NF-A14 ULN those costed me more than 80$ (europe).

I'm currently using a Sentry 2, and no matter the settings on the manual sliders, the fans run 100% for about 5 seconds after power on.

I love this controller so far, running 3x corsair SP120 and 3x 140mm fans. 

Soo, when pushing the power button the fans run on 100% for 5 seconds then go down to the selected speed you set before ? If yes,  I will buy that one. 

Hello,

Scythe Kaze Master II? It has a nice simple design, 4 dials so you could add more fans, temp probes and spinup 12v

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

The Sentry Mix 2 is really good, as someone else says the fans will run at 100% during start up, but this happens with any fan connected to the PC. I personally thought a touchscreen for fan speed was slightly overkill.

Either way, the sentry mix  2 only has 2 pins, so it'll work fine with your fans.

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Sentry-Controller-SEN-MIX2-M1/dp/B00DN3IT7M/

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Scythe Kaze Master II? It has a nice simple design, 4 dials so you could add more fans, temp probes and spinup 12v

Interesting, I saw that one before because you can hide away the knobs. I will keep it in mind, thank you!

The Sentry Mix 2 is really good, as someone else says the fans will run at 100% during start up, but this happens with any fan connected to the PC. I personally thought a touchscreen for fan speed was slightly overkill.

Either way, the sentry mix  2 only has 2 pins, so it'll work fine with your fans.

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Sentry-Controller-SEN-MIX2-M1/dp/B00DN3IT7M/

Thank you, this one is indeed looking good and as you say do the job for me. Again, thank you :)

Thank you so much for the video !!  :D

That is exactly what I wanted, it looks good also and is not that expensive.

I will mark your comment as the solution !

! THANKS TO EVERYBODY !  :lol: