Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danicos

PC Upgrade

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I want to upgrade my current PC's CPU, motherboard, and get a new case. My current PC is on my profile and I will put it in my signature in a bit. I plan on spending $450-$500 on an upgrade. The PCPP list is what I plan on buying atm. 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor $99.99 @ Best Buy
Motherboard Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard $149.99 @ B&H
Storage Toshiba 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 470 4 GB Triple X Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case $97.89 @ B&H
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $347.87
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-18 03:37 EDT-0400  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Danicos said:

The PCPP list is what I plan on buying atm.

i would rather go for a b450 Motherboard as you don't need such a high end board with that Ryzen 3.

Rather go for something like a Asrock B450 Pro4 AM4 ATX for around 80$. then you can spend like 50$ more on a better CPU.

Maybe a Ryzen 5 3400G or a Ryzen 5 3600.

 

The case is a good choice already :)

 

edit: Just browse on amazon for b450 boards you should find plenty good ones for under 100$. You could even upgrade to a Ryzen 4000 later when they come out. I currently use the Asus B450-F Gaming and plan on doing just that :)


uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

Link to post
Share on other sites

good system but why 3200g? i recommend 3100x or 3300x


if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here  and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

good system but why 3200g? i recommend 3100x or 3300x

The 3200g had good reviews and it's Ryzen so it's reliable. Why the 3100x or 3300x over the 3200g?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danicos said:

The 3200g had good reviews and it's Ryzen so it's reliable. Why the 3100x or 3300x over the 3200g?

first its an apu and its zen+ so 12nm not zen 2 3100x both 4c4t but 3100x is about same price and has better per core performance

 


if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here  and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $209.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.99 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Storage Toshiba 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 470 4 GB Triple X Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $469.96
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-18 04:07 EDT-0400  

added less expenjsive case. still very good case

added ssd so you can put windows in it.

added less expensive but as good motherboard

 

added 3600 instead of 3200g. much better cpu


|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mahyar said:

3100x both 4c4t

3100=4c,8t

3300x=4c,8t on single CXX

3600 6c,12, two CXX


|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

3100=4c,8t

3300x=4c,8t on single CXX

3600 6c,12, two CXX

sorry i forgot that 3100x has smt 🙂 


if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here  and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:
PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $209.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.99 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Storage Toshiba 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 470 4 GB Triple X Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $469.96
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-18 04:07 EDT-0400  

added less expenjsive case. still very good case

added ssd so you can put windows in it.

added less expensive but as good motherboard

 

added 3600 instead of 3200g. much better cpu

I forgot to say I need new ram because my current ram is DDR3-1600.

Link to post
Share on other sites

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

Thanks :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Danicos said:

Thanks :)

next upgrade your gpu. mayby rtx 3060 or 3070


|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×