Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mockles

computer is throttling my internet speeds?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi, im receiving 40mbps everywhere in my house, except on my computer

i have a range extender that connects to the computer, when its plugged into a different device it has normal speeds. when its plugged into my computer i get 3mb/s.

I've tried antimalware and different lan and chipset drivers for my motherboard.

my motherboard is b450 aorus m.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mockles said:

hi, im receiving 40mbps everywhere in my house, except on my computer

i have a range extender that connects to the computer, when its plugged into a different device it has normal speeds. when its plugged into my computer i get 3mb/s.

I've tried antimalware and different lan and chipset drivers for my motherboard.

my motherboard is b450 aorus m.

 

We need way more info please

service provider of internet, model range extender, OS, other hardware, number of other systems on your network, router model, etc, please.


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

We need way more info please

service provider of internet, model range extender, OS, other hardware, number of other systems on your network, router model, etc, please.

hi, sorry about that. 

service provider: TPG

range extender: zenwifi ax

os: windows 10 64 bit

router: asus 6600

if there's anymore info you need let me know

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mockles said:

zenwifi ax

Why is this plugged into your PC?

Are you talking physically plugged in I assume?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Why is this plugged into your PC?

Are you talking physically plugged in I assume?

i mean the ethernet is connecting them both

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mockles said:

i mean the ethernet is connecting them both

So your PC is plugged into the range extender, or your router? Or both at the same time?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So your PC is plugged into the range extender, or your router? Or both at the same time?

just the range extender,

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mockles said:

just the range extender,

Ok,

 

So, if you plug the range extender into other devices, they get full speeds.

What if you run a cat5 net cable straight to your router, and plug to your PC, removing the range extender, what happens?

How far away is your PC from your router?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok,

 

So, if you plug the range extender into other devices, they get full speeds.

What if you run a cat5 net cable straight to your router, and plug to your PC, removing the range extender, what happens?

How far away is your PC from your router?

Im sorry, i dont have a cable long enough to test that.

my router is in the middle of my house, the range extender is in my room with my pc. it's had a great connection for like half a year. Also the slow speeds are on and off (i forgot to mention that)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mockles said:

Also the slow speeds are on and off (i forgot to mention that)

Ok, plug your PC into the range extender as normal.

download and run pingplotter (https://www.pingplotter.com/) and look for packet loss (the program is quote simple to use)

I want to see where the fault may be.

 


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, plug your PC into the range extender as normal.

download and run pingplotter (https://www.pingplotter.com/) and look for packet loss (the program is quote simple to use)

I want to see where the fault may be.

 

is there a way i can relay the information to you that doesnt involve giving ip adressess? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mockles said:

is there a way i can relay information to you that doesnt involve giving ip adressess? 

PM, take a screen shot, run it through MS Paint and scribble out the IP address.

I use PingPlotter to ping google.com BTW


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×