Moza Mini-S Essential Gimbal - Update Firmware Using A Phone

I am providing some instructions on how to update the firmware of the Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal because Gudsen, the manufacturer, does not provide a tutorial on their website, nor on their YouTube channel for this model.

I used a phone running Android for this. Using a phone running iOS will most likely require the same steps.

I updated my Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal from version 1.0.4 to 1.1.0 using this method.

Step 1/5

• Make sure your Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal and Android phone's batteries are charged.
  • Do not insert your phone into the Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal.
  • Make sure your Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal is powered off.

Step 2/5

• On the Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal, press and hold the centre button (with the camera icon on it) and the power button simultaneously for a few seconds until the blue battery indicator pulsates. The blue LEDs pulsate like a caterpillar moving.

Step 3/5

Step 4/5

• Tap on the gimbal icon that replaces the Bluetooth icon once the gimbal and phone are connected.
  • In the menu, you should see settings such as 'Zoom speed', 'Calibration', etc.
  • At the bottom of the settings list, you should see 'version: 1.0.4' (or whatever your Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal's current firmware is), with a prompt saying that there is an update available.
  • Tap on the update message.
  • There will be a 'Start' button. Your phone will show you the firmware update's progress as a percentage %.

Step 5/5

• When the firmware update has finished, turn off the Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal and close the Moza Genie app.
  • You can check that the firmware update was successfully installed by turning on the Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal normally, with your phone inserted into the gimbal this time, and connecting it to your phone in the Moza Genie app again. In the gimbal settings menu, it should show you the new firmware version installed on the Moza Mini-S Essential gimbal, which was version 1.1.0 in my case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 3:54 AM, Suraj katira said:

My gimble is not starting after this process

It sounds like your firmware update was interrupted. This is the reason why it's important to have both the gimbal and phone batteries charged before starting, and you shouldn't be trying to use your gimbal or phone for anything else during the update process. If you cannot turn on the gimbal after charging it and long pressing the power button, I recommend you speak to Gudsen's support staff to try to find a solution.

https://www.gudsen.com/support

My gimble keeps sleeping. Unable to calibrate because it gets interrupted by the sleep mode