My new power supply smells like a Garage

Lagombi

Hello, I recently put together my first gaming PC self-build, and I've had the machine for about 10 days. I haven't used it every day, but I have it it with a number of benchmarks, stability tests, and a few instances of actual heavy use. 

Problem is, everytime I turn it on, I'm met with a very noticeable smell that makes my throat feel like I need to cough. Managed to sniff it out to the power supply, I've stuck my nose up to different components far too many times in the past week and a half or so like a buffoon before I tried just powering on the PSU by itself to have a check. 

The unit is a brand new EVGA 750 B5, which I understand to be a fairly reputable model. I've used (and still have lying around) an EVGA 600B in a prebuild I ordered several years ago which I don't recall ever producing the same smell.

I read up as much as I could about new PSUs smelling, some people say it's natural and part of off-gassing, others say it's gonna explode and destroy my entire PC. Delightful. 

I'm not sure I'd describe the scent as if it's burning or anything, it just smells like a garage. Maybe kind of like oil? Like a car? That's probably not exactly right but I don't know how else to describe it. 

As it is, it's been more than a few days now, and although I haven't used it every single day, I'd be certain that the smell would be gone by now.

Additionally I can confirm that the fan is working, and it's been able to supply power for multiple stress tests, so I think if it was going to blow up it would have done so by now, but I'm just not sure! 

The power supply smell is just really bothering me! Does anyone else have any experience with this? Will it go away, or is something seriously wrong? 

If I do need to replace it, would my old 600W bronze PSU be capable enough to run my R7 3700x and RTX 2070 SUPER? 

Thanks.

Guess im lucky to not have that experience. As long as the smell doesn't seem to get too worse underload I would guess with everyone else with "new psu" smell.