[Help] Dual Monitor - Game / Video lagging.

MittWaffen

Cant figure this out, im stumped. 

I got a new dell 3220 165hz monitor, moved my 75hz over both are 1440p. 

System has no issue before with a 60/75, gpu isnt even being put on heavy load (2070 SUPER) I updated my windows and drivers. 
When im playing a game, the video will be fine for a few seconds and slowly get laggy like its dropping frames. 

I need a solution as this is driving me nuts. 

I thought it was the web browser and did a whole bunch of gpu related tweaks, no go. 
I ran a video on VLC to trouble shoot this out same deal.
I did a multipule of the same refresh 75x2=150 on the main. 
I did 60 on the other and 120 on the main, same deal. 

I disabled GPU profiling with the new driver update in windows, no go. 
I disabled HDR, no go. 

I disabled framerate cap on the EVGA panel, no go. 
I cannot figure this out. I dont need a second 165hz screen as its a complete waste of 600 bucks. 

There is an issue in windows that breaks g-sync when running a 3d application on a lower refresh rate screen, so you may be experiencing that here.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

You watch video while playing games?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Try to force disable vsync in nvidia control panel for whatever program you are watching the video on

It happens when i render, play games or use the gpu on my main, sometimes i need video, zoom, or even a video guide for refrence with some complex steps. Im using a 1080p vlc video for trouble shooting this issue vs thinking its software, chrome etc. Looping it to replicate and see if the issue is fixed or not. 

I've disabled Gsync aswell, no solution. 
Force disabling vsync via programs in the control panel nets slow frame rates, seems like 30ish consistently same as before.  

Thinking of trying HDMI cable on the second, or rolling back drivers to an older generation. 
Its unuseable currently. Or using driver cleaner but i doubt it'll fix this. 

im using a 3600 overclocked, RTX 2070 Super, ive checked backend monitoring and it isnt a resource issue for the slowdown, its some kind of incompatibility or setting between the two displays.

Additionally, if i move the game or render to the other screen and shuffle the video to the other its identical in symptoms. 

Found a solution, i had to do a full DDU driver clean of all AMD, NVIDIA and Audio drivers and reinstall my Sound Card, Onboard audio and Nvidia gpu drivers. 

All is working now, seamlessly.