Laptop Display Refresh Rate

Hello I'm planning on getting the Asus Zephyrus G15 which has a 240hz refresh rate display. 
I don't know much about laptops since I'm mainly a desktop guy but does the laptop display work the same as a desktop monitor? Can I lower the 240hz laptop refresh rate to 60hz? Like for example While gaming I will let it stay at 240hz and if I'm just gonna browse the internet I will lower it down to 60hz in order to save battery. Can I do that?

9 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Hello I'm planning on getting the Asus Zephyrus G15 which has a 240hz refresh rate display. 
I don't know much about laptops since I'm mainly a desktop guy but does the laptop display work the same as a desktop monitor? Can I lower the 240hz laptop refresh rate to 60hz? Like for example While gaming I will let it stay at 240hz and if I'm just gonna browse the internet I will lower it down to 60hz in order to save battery. Can I do that?

It does that automatically already when on battery. If on power brick it won't do that. Also the 240hz panel is next to useless as it does not have the spec to reach those fps in any game part from the likes of cs:go and such. So save yourself some money and get a lower end panel.

14 hours ago, jaslion said:

It does that automatically already when on battery. If on power brick it won't do that. Also the 240hz panel is next to useless as it does not have the spec to reach those fps in any game part from the likes of cs:go and such. So save yourself some money and get a lower end panel.

144hz only has 62% sRGB, need 100% for photo editing. Was already gonna settle for the Lenovo 5 since 4800H for $1000 only except dumbass Lenovo Representatives in my country decided to only have the 120hz 250nits 42% NTC display available.