Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xepo

replaceing asus GPU for other brands- fan noise

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi

i got a new PC which works great i have only a small problem

there is a slight hiss that changes without me doing anything  from the GPU that really annoyances me

the card is asus gtx 1660 super 6gb ddr6 single fan

now if i understand correctly, the best option i got other that water cooling (which is going to ramp up the price) is to get a 0db card which will be quite most of the times(correct me if I'm wrong)

now i found out that there are gtx 1660 super that have a fan less mode/0db mode until they reach 50 C or so

now the options i got are replacing it with those models that i saw that have 0db mode are:

image.png.11db4b2cad7ff04830f9d59b591d443e.png

are there any downside to giving up asus for gigabyte?

are they lasting less or worse on the performance side?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, xepo said:

are there any downside to giving up asus for gigabyte?

No

 

7 minutes ago, xepo said:

are they lasting less or worse on the preference side?

No if anything they are better because of the extra power phases on that larger pcb 

 

7 minutes ago, xepo said:

i got a new PC which works great i have only a small problem

there is a slight hiss that changes without me doing anything  from the GPU that really annoyances me

the card is asus gtx 1660 super 6gb ddr6 single fan

now if i understand correctly, the best option i got other that water cooling (which is going to ramp up the price) is to get a 0db card which will be quite most of the times(correct me if I'm wrong)

now i found out that there are gtx 1660 super that have a fan less mode/0db mode until they reach 50 C or so

now the options i got are replacing it with those models that i saw that have 0db mode are:

Before trying to replace your GPU 

Did you try setting a fan curve? 

8 minutes ago, xepo said:

 

image.png.11db4b2cad7ff04830f9d59b591d443e.png

Get the 1660 super if you want to upgrade 

Same performance 

Better frame buffer

Lower price 


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

No

 

No if anything they are better because of the extra power phases on that larger pcb 

 

Before trying to replace your GPU 

Did you try setting a fan curve? 

 

Get the 1660 super if you want to upgrade 

Same performance 

Better frame buffer

Lower price 

i did try to change fan curve - but it doesn't let me go below 27% fan speed

the specific asus card i got is

ASUS - PH-GTX1660S-6G - GeForce GTX1660 SUPER Phoenix 6GB GDDR6 - Single Fan - PCI Express 3.0 - Boost clock 1830 MHz - Base clock 1530 MHz
if thats matter
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xepo said:

i did try to change fan curve - but it doesn't let me go below 27% fan speed

the specific asus card i got is

ASUS - PH-GTX1660S-6G - GeForce GTX1660 SUPER Phoenix 6GB GDDR6 - Single Fan - PCI Express 3.0 - Boost clock 1830 MHz - Base clock 1530 MHz
if thats matter
 
 

Oh this Asus card is such a shitty card 

If you want to return it just get the gigabyte 1660 super for the reasons above


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Oh this Asus card is such a shitty card 

If you want to return it just get the gigabyte 1660 super for the reasons above

is there any particular problem with the asus that makes it that way?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xepo said:

is there any particular problem with the asus that makes it that way?

Just noise levels and the shroud quality

Plus it is really expensive for what it is ( from what I have seen there is a price premium for it)


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×