Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sherako

BSOD Software or Hardware?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Trying to install windows 10 home, but:

Kernel security check failure
Kmode exception not handled
System service exception
System thread exception not handled

 

Build is 8700k nhd15

MSI z370 sli plus

Corsair Vengeance lpx 4000mhz cl19 (I have swapped in a stick of my brothers ram at 2666 still same blue screens) 970 Evo 250gb, 3tb Seagate (tried Evo only still blue screen tried Seagate only still blue screen)

Corsair rm850x.

Bios version: E7B46IMS.A40

Never put a gpu in the thing yet haha. 2070 super coming in 2 days haha

 


I trip to make the fall shorter

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sherako said:

Trying to install windows 10 home, but:

Kernel security check failure
Kmode exception not handled
System service exception
System thread exception not handled

 

Build is 8700k nhd15

MSI z370 sli plus

Corsair Vengeance lpx 4000mhz cl19 (I have swapped in a stick of my brothers ram at 2666 still same blue screens) 970 Evo 250gb, 3tb Seagate (tried Evo only still blue screen tried Seagate only still blue screen)

Corsair rm850x.

Bios version: E7B46IMS.A40

Never put a gpu in the thing yet haha. 2070 super coming in 2 days haha

 

Have you enabled the XMP profile in the BIOS for the memory or left it off at default? I did this where I put the profile on before installing windows and it caused the same issues until I switched it off. 
 

Also if you can I would advise updating your BIOS to latest version by downloading it onto a USB from another pc first before trying to install (can improve system stability and hardware support).


01000001 01110110 01100001 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01101000 01100101

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, UponAvalanche said:

Have you enabled the XMP profile in the BIOS for the memory or left it off at default? I did this where I put the profile on before installing windows and it caused the same issues until I switched it off. 
 

Also if you can I would advise updating your BIOS to latest version by downloading it onto a USB from another pc first before trying to install (can improve system stability and hardware support).

Tried xmp and no xmp, updated bios and now I only get immediate "interrupt exception not handled"

I'm guessing I need to update drivers? I saw next to the bios downloads there was Intel chipset drivers but I can't find how to update them I am only able to be in bios now not even windows installation screen and pull up command prompt


I trip to make the fall shorter

Link to post
Share on other sites

try another copy of windows, different source....and setup default bios before install.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
51 minutes ago, S4Ca said:

try another copy of windows, different source....and setup default bios before install.. 

I tried one version from my brother that makes it so nothing happens in 30 days. Didn't bother with that anymore just downloaded iso from Microsoft and bought key. Default bios as in first version released? In all my attempts of not blue screening I am stock everything ram sets itself to 2133mhz


I trip to make the fall shorter

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Still stuck. Bought new ram just to see. Still interrupt exception not handled. Get a new motherboard???


I trip to make the fall shorter

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×