Is it possible to upgrade a laptop screen?

I just bought this laptop - https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/ibmeppfriendca/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-300-series/IdeaPad-3-17ARE05/p/81W50000US

It only comes with a 900p screen which is doable but not ideal. Is it possible to find a replacement 1080p or 1440p or so on screen and slap it in there? Does Lenovo use proprietary connectors?

If they do the same chassis/model with a higher res screen then odds are you can replace it with one of those, just need to work out what panel is being used. Perhaps try tftcentral or similar see if you can locate the replacement, or search for the updated models replacement parts on ebay/etc

Possible maybe      should u do it HELL NO just look for another notebook u lose all warranty if u pull out the panel of a fresh new notebook makes no sense there is so much that could go wrong 

Most of the times when the screen resolution changes the connection harness changes. It is not going to be a one for one swap.

Dont do it!

24 minutes ago, Th3_Ape said:

If they do the same chassis/model with a higher res screen then odds are you can replace it with one of those, just need to work out what panel is being used. Perhaps try tftcentral or similar see if you can locate the replacement, or search for the updated models replacement parts on ebay/etc

This is not great advice. Just because a line has an upgraded screen does not mean that it would work. 

Hey never said was a good idea, but that wasn't the question. 

It is technically possible, whether it's a good idea or not is another question. Obviously not a great idea, I'd return it if I could and buy a different laptop, but hey. 

2 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

This is not great advice. Just because a line has an upgraded screen does not mean that it would work. 

I guess I shouldn't do it so soon. Maybe near the EoL would be a better idea if I still have it then