Maximum Temperature Water Reaches?

I'm looking into the D5 pump and the max temp for the pump is 60 and the res/pump combo is 50. How hot would the water get typically on load. I'll be running a 3770K at around 4.4 and a 680 with mild overclocking. How hot would the water get on load? I'll be using 2 thick radiators

In the hottest loop I've ever run (in 12 years of W/C) I had ~43 C water temperature,

and that was with not quite enough radiator power, so I think you will be unlikely

to get beyond that.

EDIT: By two thick radiators, I'm assuming you mean two 60 mm thick 240's?

That should be no problem for that CPU and that GPU. I wouldn't recommend less than

that. You could go thinner, but I wouldn't go below 2 x 240. If you did, you would

have to run your fans rather high (at least for my tastes, I know people have some

rather personal preferences when it comes to noise and fan speeds).

EDIT 2:

Official Manual (en, pdf)

According to that, the pump has a protective mechanism that shuts it off if the fluid

reaches 95 C (page 3).

Page 4 mentions 60 C for pumps with plastic housing, I don't know if the overtemp

protection will be different for those pumps. Acetal (if you get a custom top) will

be ok up to ~80 C. (source), so the 60 C might not be that relevant anymore if you

get an Acetal top. But that's pure conjecture of course.

Ok, now I'm done :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I think I'll go with the D5 pump/res combo which has a maximum temp of 50, after which the acrylic deforms. I'll be using either 2 60mm dual 120 rads or a 60mm thick dual 120 and an 80mm thick dual 120 rad. I know this is an overkill but I want my fans to be at a low rpm and silent. Thanks for your reply!

Did not know about the temp limit for the Acrylic combo. But if everything works ok

you will be perfectly fine with that radiator setup. I'm a silence guy as well :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic