NVME SSD Corsair or Seagate?

If the same price or almost the same price, about $5-10 difference, Corsair MP510 2tb or Seagate Firecuda 510 2tb? I've ruled out other drives and brands based on pricing and my budget, claiming warranty etc.

Seagate seems to be faster. But does it translate to real world? Which is more durable?

7 hours ago, arch017 said:

Seagate seems to be faster. But does it translate to real world? Which is more durable?

Well, speed doesn't really matter if you just use your computer for normal stuff (play games, watching video). The rated speed only matters when you are transferring a big file (2GB or more) from your SSD to other storage device, and that also will be limit by other factor (such as the transfer speed your chipset can handle, the target or source of the storage device rated speed, etc).

Corsair has a good reputation on SSD to my knowledge. They are quite decent in my opinion, and they prove to be quite reliable as well.

Seagate is new to the market (in SSD sector, at least), so I have not much data to determine if they are good or not.

If you actually check the specs:

Corsair has a better Total Bytes Written which is 3120TB compare to Seagate FireCuda SSD 2160TB. This means that You can write to Corsair SSD more before it fails.

Seagate FireCuda has a better Write IOPS (600k) than Corsair (530k). This means that Seagate can write a lot of small files compare to Corsair (for example: you want to copy a lot of log files which is only about 2-3 kB in size. Seagate can write these files slightly faster than Corsair). Also, Seagate can install a program slightly faster than Corsair.

So, in conclusion then, which should you get? The answer, well, is basically 'just get what you want'. I mean, both has advantages and disadvantages, but even so, in real life, they don't really matter a lot.

Just a note: I would highly recommend you to install heatsink on those SSD if possible. They can get hot quite fast and will slow down a bit.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

If you are referring to Corsair MP510 vs Seagate Firecuda, they are basically the same thing. (Both Phison E12 controller, TLC)

Why not the 970 EVO Plus? It has samsung's pheonix controller, DRAM as level 1 cache, and SLC as level 2 cache. This is a feature not even their own 970 pro has. It is arguable the best pcie 3.0 nvme, and the performance even outclass 970 pro in small size read/write. ( The MLC edges only in at sustain performance)

17 minutes ago, PowerBaller said:

If you are referring to Corsair MP510 vs Seagate Firecuda, they are basically the same thing. (Both Phison E12 controller, TLC)

Why not the 970 EVO Plus? It has samsung's pheonix controller, DRAM as level 1 cache, and SLC as level 2 cache. This is a feature not even their own 970 pro has. It is arguable the best pcie 3.0 nvme, and the performance even outclass 970 pro in small size read/write. ( The MLC edges only in at sustain performance)

I think it is because of the price.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

12 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Isn't 970 Evo even cheaper? 

15 hours ago, PowerBaller said:

Isn't 970 Evo even cheaper? 

970 EVO Plus 2TB cost up to USD 510.

Corsair MP510 1920GB cost USD 336.99

Both prices are from Amazon, taken at 28th of March 2020 at 5:33pm GMT+8.

I think you must have mistaken 970 Evo Plus and 970 Evo. Because 970 Evo 2TB cost USD 484.73, and that is still expensive.

Where do you get a cheaper price? Watch out because it could be imitation product.

19 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

970 EVO Plus 2TB cost up to USD 510.

Corsair MP510 1920GB cost USD 336.99

Both prices are from Amazon, taken at 28th of March 2020 at 5:33pm GMT+8.

I think you must have mistaken 970 Evo Plus and 970 Evo. Because 970 Evo 2TB cost USD 484.73, and that is still expensive.

Where do you get a cheaper price? Watch out because it could be imitation product.

Prior to the panedemic, the 970 EVO Plus stays at 399.99 for seasons. This is the price to match, i showed this price in Mirco Center and they match this price.  (source:https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07MFZXR1B). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, Chiyawa said:

Yep because of the price

On 3/29/2020 at 1:38 PM, PowerBaller said:

Prior to the panedemic, the 970 EVO Plus stays at 399.99 for seasons. This is the price to match, i showed this price in Mirco Center and they match this price.  (source:https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07MFZXR1B). 

Problem is the prices delivering to my location (SG), 970 evo plus is twice the price. I checked on multiple websites and shopping apps. Local shop prices are much worse.