Aura doesn't keep settings for some of the LEDs

Hi :)

This is my first rig involving aRGB. I am not yet familiar with Aura and anything related to RGB sync.

My machine contains the following:

- Asus TUF-gaming X570 plus MB with an embedded 6-LED strip on the back

- CoolerMaster ML360R RGB AIO cooler (connected to the aRGB header on the MB). I replaced the aRGB fans with non-RGB ones and I thus only use the aRGB LEDs from the pump.

All the above are aRGB capable.

I used Aura to setup LEDs in order for them to be green/yellow/red, depending on the CPU temperature.

Since this is not available as a "Sync at shutdown" setting in Aura, I left this one to the default "rainbow"

What I expect is that during boot and shutdown I get the rainbow effect, while, when the computer is ON I get the green/yellow/red indicators mentioned above.

Now, it seems to work OK (boot = rainbow, after login = green, shutdown = rainbow) except that whenever I log in, after just a few seconds the AIO pumps LEDs go back to the rainbow pattern. I need to use Aura again to switch back to the GYR thing... The LED strip on the MB doesn't experience such an issue though and behaves as expected...

What should I do?

Thank you very much in advance for your advice.

Best,

-a-

PS: the LED strip on the Mb suffers occasional "freezing" (stuck into a pattern with 4 pink LEDs and 2 red LEDs). This goes away after a reboot or using Aura again.

Yes, without the app it cannot apply the settings, and thus will always revert to stock settings until the app is launched again.  That's why I now just set it to launch on boot and disable all my RGB.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

20 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Yes, without the app it cannot apply the settings, and thus will always revert to stock settings until the app is launched again.  That's why I now just set it to launch on boot and disable all my RGB.

I'm not sure I understand.

Can you please elaborate?

In my case, running aura is not sufficient to retrieve the desired effect. I need to "apply" the settings

In addition, I remind you that in my case the desired effect is there after login for a few seconds. Then it goes back to rainbow but only for the AIO pump LEDs, the MB LED strip is fine.

4 minutes ago, asheenlevrai said:

I'm not sure I understand.

Can you please elaborate?

In my case, running aura is not sufficient to retrieve the desired effect. I need to "apply" the settings

In addition, I remind you that in my case the desired effect is there after login for a few seconds. Then it goes back to rainbow but only for the AIO pump LEDs, the MB LED strip is fine.

That's weird, but I guess expected.  Every single RGB software from mobo vendors so far have been absolutely atrocious!

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Damn! Now it seems like the LEDs on the AIO pump AND on the MB strip both reset to rainbow pattern at random... even while I'm working..