Air Flow

would a kraken x72 in front as intake provide enough airflow for the pc below assuming I put the AER fans that come with 710i on top and x72 kraken in front.

In push-pull ? Definitely, especially if this is gaming build, it's not going to draw a lot of power on the CPU.

And i'd like to make some suggestions for other parts :

- This AIO is cool and all but there's EVGA CLC 360 for 70$ cheaper, it's no worse.

- Same for the motherboard, there's Gigabyte Z390 Pro WiFi, very capable VRM too. Or at most, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra\Master or ASRock Taichi.

- You don't need 32GB RAM for gaming PC but it's okay if it's for video editing too. Altrough this particular kit is ... a little bit overpriced, get some 18\19CL kit, it'll be more than enough, it doesn't worth spending 350$ more for ~2% performance increase.

- Same for SSD, there's a lot of cheap and fast SSDs out there, like Team MP34, Inland Premium, Sabrent Rocket, ADATA SX8200 Pro, Corsair MP510 etc. And since you're spending several thousand dollars for a gaming PC, get 2TB SSD right away.

- This GPU SKU is a bit overpriced too, get EVGA XC or ASUS Strix for 300$ cheaper.

- Case is fine but you can get non-i version cheaper, the only difference are that worthless smart fan-controller thingy which isn't very smart at all.

- Get better PSU, Corsair RMx, Bitfenix Whisper\Formula Gold or Enermax Revolution D.F (which is practically the same PSU as Bitfenix Formula Gold), you don't need more than 650W for this build too.

- Come on, you ain't gonna see the difference between 144FPS and 240FPS, get some good IPS 1440p 144Hz display instead for cheaper.

- You don't need Windows 10 Pro for home usage, the only difference is that it can run in enterprise environment.

Minus thousand dollars for nothing. And since it looks like this is purely gaming PC (because of TN panel) you can actually get it even cheaper by getting 16GB RAM, opting for AMD platform and getting RTX2080 Super GPU instead.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($471.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: EVGA CLC 360 74.82 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Mushkin PILOT 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($223.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card  ($1214.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H700 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($136.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($96.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: LG 27GL83A-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($379.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $3024.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-02 14:18 EST-0500

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

7 minutes ago, Juular said:

In push-pull ? Definitely, especially if this is gaming build, it's not going to draw a lot of power on the CPU.

And i'd like to make some suggestions for other parts :

- This AIO is cool and all but there's EVGA CLC 360 for 70$ cheaper, it's no worse.

- Same for the motherboard, there's Gigabyte Z390 Pro WiFi, very capable VRM too. Or at most, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra\Master or ASRock Taichi.

- You don't need 32GB RAM for gaming PC but it's okay if it's for video editing too. Altrough this particular kit is ... a little bit overpriced, get some 18\19CL kit, it'll be more than enough, it doesn't worth spending 350$ more for ~2% performance increase.

- Same for SSD, there's a lot of cheap and fast SSDs out there, like Team MP34, Inland Premium, Sabrent Rocket, ADATA SX8200 Pro, Corsair MP510 etc. And since you're spending several thousand dollars for a gaming PC, get 2TB SSD right away.

- This GPU SKU is a bit overpriced too, get EVGA XC or ASUS Strix for 300$ cheaper.

- Case is fine but you can get non-i version cheaper, the only difference are that worthless smart fan-controller thingy which isn't very smart at all.

- Get better PSU, Corsair RMx, Bitfenix Whisper\Formula Gold or Enermax Revolution D.F (which is practically the same PSU as Bitfenix Formula Gold), you don't need more than 650W for this build too.

- Come on, you ain't gonna see the difference between 144FPS and 240FPS, get some top-tier IPS 1440p 144Hz display instead.

- You don't need Windows 10 Pro for home usage, the only difference is that it can run in enterprise environment.

i already bought everything lol, but if it'snot push pull just one (idk if name is push or pull when there is just one)

2 minutes ago, FunkyDaSushi said:

i already bought everything lol, but if it'snot push pull just one (idk if name is push or pull when there is just one)

You're good then lol.

5 minutes ago, Juular said:

You're good then lol.

so having a non push and pull kraken x72 in front for intake and 1 AER 140mm at back + 3 AER 120mm at top both as exhaust will do the job? and will it be positive or negative air pressure?

1 minute ago, FunkyDaSushi said:

so having a non push and pull kraken x72 in front for intake and 1 AER 140mm at back + 3 AER 120mm at top will do the job? and will it be positive or negative air pressure?

It'll be negative if they'll run on the same RPM, you can either cap top-exhaust fans to ~500 RPM and run AIO's fans on ~800 RPMS minimum or remove all top exhaust fans but one right above motherboard VRM heatsink so there'll be at least some direct airflow on it, it'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

It'll be negative if they'll run on the same RPM, you can either cap top-exhaust fans to ~500 RPM and run AIO's fans on ~800 RPMS minimum or remove all top exhaust fans but one right above motherboard VRM heatsink so there'll be at least some direct airflow on it, it'll be fine.

how do i cap top fans? or should i put x72 on top and 3 fans in front?

17 minutes ago, FunkyDaSushi said:

how do i cap top fans? or should i put x72 on top and 3 fans in front?

No, you can't completely shut-off AIO's fans so if these are the only fans running, the AIO should be on the front. Make fan curves for top exhaust so they will kick in only on 70° C on CPU (0 RPM at 65° C), starting from 500 RPM and up to maximum RPM at 90° C, this way they'll rarely start at all (if ever) so AIO fans would be the only fans running constantly, for positive pressure most of the time.

Gonna come down to how that gpu runs. 

Being able to get all the hot air out whilst also trying to get fresh air in. 

Would suck to buy fans again but I’d prolly run the rad up top of possible. 

Either way nothing left to do than try it and see how it goes. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

32 minutes ago, Juular said:

No, you can't completely shut-off AIO's fans so if these are the only fans running, the AIO should be on the front. Make fan curves for top exhaust so they will kick in only on 70° C on CPU (0 RPM at 65° C), starting from 500 RPM and up to maximum RPM at 90° C, this way they'll rarely start at all (if ever) so AIO fans would be the only fans running constantly, for positive pressure most of the time.

so aio in front and decrease AER fans' RPM that are on the top?

1 minute ago, FunkyDaSushi said:

Yup.

14 minutes ago, FunkyDaSushi said:

All i wanna add is that you shouldn't forget about the exhaust fans, don't slow them down too much. That can be detremental to the gpu temps.

Getting the GPU's hot air out of the case is more important the + or - pressure. I solved the gpu temp problem by moving my rad to the top and speeding up the rear exhaust fan a bit. I'm not sure how your aio would fare with the 9900k, if it had to breath the 2080ti's air.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II