Replacing a Logitech G510s...

Adrian_33

Hello all! 

I'm looking to replace my ageing Logitech G510s keyboard. It's bout 6 or so years old and... well not in too good of a shape anymore, nothing critical (apart of the space bar). 

Ideally I'm looking for something smaller. I've moved since getting this and thus have less desk space. I would still like it to be a full size board with the num pad etc.  

I'm looking for something silent-ish (mechanical is okay, but I live with my GF in a student flat so can't be crazy loud) and comfortable to type on but still decent enough for a couple of games of battlefield. It would be nice if it had some form RGB/Backlight, wireless would be cool but looking at prices it might be difficult.

Can you recompensed anything up to a £100/$130?

I know crap-all about keyboards and switch types so apologies for any misconceptions/mistakes. 

You'd be looking at either red or brown switch types.  I recommend you go to a store to try some of these out if possible (the majority of people prefer browns over reds if you can't test them).  A word of warning, these will likely be louder than your G510 if you hammer down on the keys but if this is the case you can always pick up a pack of o-rings to dry and dampen the clack (the sound the key makes when you hit the bottom).

If you just want a keyboard that'll do the job, I believe the K70 Mk.2 is on sale at Amazon right now.

If you are willing to sacrifice the just a few keys, I must recommend the Anne Pro 2 with Kailh Box Browns.  It has Bluetooth capability, has Kailh Box switches (superior to Cherry) and might be helpful for your spacial needs.  You can always buy a separate numpad if you really need one.