Is linus wearing a Apple watch while using the Galaxy fold?

Tarun7891

Hi, I was wondering what smartwatch Linus is wearing. It looks like the Apple Iwatch, but i am not sure since he also has the Samsung Galaxy fold as his primary phone. I would love to see how he is using an Apple watch while using an android phone as his primary phone.

13 hours ago, Tarun7891 said:

Hi, I was wondering what smartwatch Linus is wearing. It looks like the Apple Iwatch, but i am not sure since he also has the Samsung Galaxy fold as his primary phone. I would love to see how he is using an Apple watch while using an android phone as his primary phone.

Yes, he was wearing an Apple Watch Series 5 and was using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, at least at the time.  But he wasn't pairing it with the Galaxy Fold -- there's an iPhone sitting around somewhere that he's using to get his notifications, I'm sure.  Although that would make it harder to appreciate the watch since he'd only have limited interactions (he couldn't handle calls or texts sent to his main number, for example).

I'll say this: the Apple Watch is a good reason to get an iPhone, because the compromises you deal with on other smartwatches aren't great... there are solid Android-focused smartwatches like the Galaxy Watch Active 2, but I can't really say they offer as complete a package.

Thanks for clarifying Commodus. I kept researching how I could get a Apple watch to work with an android phone. I guess what you say makes sense. I am so tied into the Google Android environment that it seems too crazy to switch to an Iphone. But I agree, if there was a reason to switch over, it would be the apple watch, because android wearable's don't even come close... The only thing I like better on some android wearable's is the battery life. Hopefully with Googles Fitbit acquisition, they can come up with something that can actually compete.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, Tarun7891 said:

Thanks for clarifying Commodus. I kept researching how I could get a Apple watch to work with an android phone. I guess what you say makes sense. I am so tied into the Google Android environment that it seems too crazy to switch to an Iphone. But I agree, if there was a reason to switch over, it would be the apple watch, because android wearable's don't even come close... The only thing I like better on some android wearable's is the battery life. Hopefully with Googles Fitbit acquisition, they can come up with something that can actually compete.

Thanks again.

This post is about three months old by now, but I'll say it anyways if someone finds this post via Google search.

Did you know that you can connect your Apple Watch to your Android device via a Wi-Fi hotspot? That way your Apple Watch can communicate to your iPhone back at home through iCloud. Also, if your Apple Watch is a cellular model you can use services such as T-Mobile's DIGITS sync to receive phone calls and texts on your watch. It's quite an expensive solution, but it is an option.

I'm not sure if you've seen it already, but here is a YouTube video by PhoneBuff that goes into more detail.

https://youtu.be/tONbiXVcC88

On 2/4/2020 at 4:34 PM, Theitheave42 said:

This post is about three months old by now, but I'll say it anyways if someone finds this post via Google search.

Did you know that you can connect your Apple Watch to your Android device via a Wi-Fi hotspot? That way your Apple Watch can communicate to your iPhone back at home through iCloud. Also, if your Apple Watch is a cellular model you can use services such as T-Mobile's DIGITS sync to receive phone calls and texts on your watch. It's quite an expensive solution, but it is an option.

I'm not sure if you've seen it already, but here is a YouTube video by PhoneBuff that goes into more detail.

https://youtu.be/tONbiXVcC88

Honestly thought he was still wearing the apple watch as a point because the android market is so bad in comparison. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

2 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Honestly thought he was still wearing the apple watch as a point because the android market is so bad in comparison. 

He is -- I believe he mentioned that in the iPhone 11 Pro Max review.  He'll try other smartwatches, of course, but it's the only one he's really comfortable wearing right now.

It still baffles me that Google has no idea how to support Android on any device that isn't a phone.  Watches, tablets, even cars to a degree... Apple dominates in certain areas in part because Google isn't really bothering to show up.

20 hours ago, Commodus said:

He is -- I believe he mentioned that in the iPhone 11 Pro Max review.  He'll try other smartwatches, of course, but it's the only one he's really comfortable wearing right now.

It still baffles me that Google has no idea how to support Android on any device that isn't a phone.  Watches, tablets, even cars to a degree... Apple dominates in certain areas in part because Google isn't really bothering to show up.

Think tablets and soon watches will be a apple and the also rans. Tablets now there is nothing that rivals the iPad and it’s basically a monopoly. Google basically admitted defeat either in 2018 or last year I can’t remember when they killed the slate.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?