Replacement PC for kid’s stolen gaming rig

DiggsMcGee

Hello, I’ll spare you all the details, but here’s the premise: a kid I’ve know from a local community/teen center had his gaming pc stolen by his dad’s ex-girlfriend (along with other stuff). His dad then ran away. As he’s telling me this, I just can’t believe it.

However, lets look at the positive side. This gives me a chance to build a new pc, and for a great cause. What I came here for is recommendations on a build I’ve already pieced together on PC Part Picker. Here’s what I got:

His original PC had an i5 processor, GeForce 1080, and 32GB of RAM. (I was impressed he knew that much, for a 6th grader.) He played video games on it mostly.

That amount is about as high as I’m willing to go, but would love to bring it down.

What I would like to know from you guys is what did I overdo, what did I miss, and did I pick the “best” components and peripherals? I’m especially not sure about the mouse, keyboard, and headset. Mostly because I don’t care about those things that much. I have the Surface headphones XD And I love them! So let me know how I did and what you think I could improve.

Thanks,

-Diggs

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: