Pc no boot drive located

Dark_ened

okay so at the start my friend decides to upgrade motherboard to a "ASUS M5A97 LE R20" and a "Gigabyte Radeon Rx 460 Windforce OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards" but kept using a "AMD FX 6-Core Black Edition FX-6350 6 Cores - 3900 MHz - 125 watts". The first issue was that the pc turned off while trying to boot a game so i assumed it needed a better power supply since it was less than 300W, So i bought her a EVGA 400W power supply. When plugging everything in and turning it on, it did not load windows so i checked the BIOS and could not find a boot drive to boot it off of. So now i'm stuck and don't know what to do, should i buy a new drive or replug everything, and now my friend is crying because she love playing video games and wanted to stream but now she can't. I could really appreciate the help of anyone.(bios is up to date as well, windows 10 home 64 bit)

REPLUG EVERYTHING first. Second is going to be trying a different power connector, then a new sata cable, then a new drive. I had a motherboard that had a sata port die in warranty and it took forever to figure out what was going on so pray it isnt that. Your assessment of the gaming death is likely accurate and if you have questions about power requirements you can google "PSU Calculator" and it will pop up with a couple. you just have to tell it the components and it will suggest a size.