My New Build

Hayabusa1989
Go to solution Solved by Synedisis,

I recently built a hardline rig for my 3900X, it runs HOT as to be expected. It’s a little more tamed after the updates to bios and not thermal throttling out of the box. But from my personal experience if anything I’d consider watercooling the cpu instead/with the gpu. 

Now we need to break down your budget. 
Assuming you’re willing to buy a 2080ti used, which you should be, there’s a Zotac Amp Extreme for like 1000$ last I checked. Then you’re buying a 500$ processor.
1000$ left for mobo, ram, decent case, a small nvme ssd, and watercooling supplies.
A good X470 mobo would be roughly 200$ or cheaper.

32 gigs of (3600 recommended so we’ll go with that) ram is roughly 160$ more or less depending on the kit and where you buy.

You’ll have to figure out what case you want with that many drive slots/mounting points but we’ll go with 150$.

A 950 EVO on Amazon is about 200$, don’t do much research on them so I don’t know what’s a good buy but we’ll go with that. 
So you got around 300$ for watercooling stuff. Which isn’t a ton for watercooling gear but you might be able to get the job done for the cpu. 

So the time is coming up for me to do a new build, I am aiming to do it in around 6 weeks time, 

I went soft tube watercooling last time and it was great and fun, but, Hard Tubing is sexy. 

Here is the issue, Im scared out of my wits about doing it. 

what do i do ! haha 

Budget is £2500 
(Will be using pre-exisiting : PSU, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, 2 SSD's & 3 HDD's ) 
What I want : 2080ti & 12 Core Ryzen
What I will never ever want : 2080 super not for me sorry
What im also willing to reuse (my D5 Pump) 

Overall build 

Nice Case

12 Core Ryzen 3900x with 16-32gb ram
NVME SSD for boot drive
2080ti 

Hard tubing watercooling (on the GPU, im not as fussed with the CPU but would be nice) 

Please help me :( 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

I recently built a hardline rig for my 3900X, it runs HOT as to be expected. It’s a little more tamed after the updates to bios and not thermal throttling out of the box. But from my personal experience if anything I’d consider watercooling the cpu instead/with the gpu. 

Assuming you’re willing to buy a 2080ti used, which you should be, there’s a Zotac Amp Extreme for like 1000$ last I checked. Then you’re buying a 500$ processor.
1000$ left for mobo, ram, decent case, a small nvme ssd, and watercooling supplies.

32 gigs of (3600 recommended so we’ll go with that) ram is roughly 160$ more or less depending on the kit and where you buy.

You’ll have to figure out what case you want with that many drive slots/mounting points but we’ll go with 150$.

A 950 EVO on Amazon is about 200$, don’t do much research on them so I don’t know what’s a good buy but we’ll go with that. 
So you got around 300$ for watercooling stuff. Which isn’t a ton for watercooling gear but you might be able to get the job done for the cpu. 

Thermaltake Overseer RX-1
Intel i7-4930K
Asus RoG-Strix 1070ti A8G 
Asus P9X79 
Corsair Vengance 16GB DDR3 (4 x 4gb) RAM
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

15 hours ago, Synedisis said:

So I see what you are saying, I am more than happy to get the 2080ti used, Lowest ive seen one for is £900 (damn we get destroyed for PC hardware here thats $1109 lol) 

Ideally im happy to just leave the 3900x on the stock cooler for now and come back to it later, 

Id ideally want x570 for the PCI-e 4.0 but i do see im gonna struggle and need to compromise. 

I am properly scared about hardline tbh. Ive never done it and worry im gonna bork it :(

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

5 hours ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

So I see what you are saying, I am more than happy to get the 2080ti used, Lowest ive seen one for is £900 (damn we get destroyed for PC hardware here thats $1109 lol) 

Ideally im happy to just leave the 3900x on the stock cooler for now and come back to it later, 

Id ideally want x570 for the PCI-e 4.0 but i do see im gonna struggle and need to compromise. 

I am properly scared about hardline tbh. Ive never done it and worry im gonna bork it :(

I had my 3900x on it’s stock cooler for a week, the only way I could get it to not overheat and shut down my computer from opening Chrome was to underclock it to 3.5mhz lmao. Maybe with the new bios you could get away with it but be weary. If you could, I’d save up more funds and then build if you want the biggest and the baddest. 

Thermaltake Overseer RX-1
Intel i7-4930K
Asus RoG-Strix 1070ti A8G 
Asus P9X79 
Corsair Vengance 16GB DDR3 (4 x 4gb) RAM
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb