Did my cpu underclock?!?! helpppp

Ok so I recently got a i5-9400f and lpx 16 gigs of ram, a new asus motherboard, and a 240gig ssd. I also got a 1070 gpu about a year ago. Though I have notice I get less frames then this guy who has a 1660 ti and a i5- 9400f on youtube named Benchmarks. I get 40 frames on rust, he gets 120... I get around 50 frames on ark, he gets a lot more. It is same with other gasmes he plays that I play. If you guys know anything please help. I also use steam's fps counter and geforce but both give same fps

Edited by SeaKiwi
Asked?

are you testing with the same graphics settings as "benchmarks"? Did you install your graphics drivers?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, SeaKiwi said:

Ok so I recently got a i5-9400f and lpx 16 gigs of ram, a new asus motherboard, and a 240gig ssd. I also got a 1070 gpu about a year ago. Though I have notice I get less frames then this guy who has a 1660 ti and a i5- 9400f on youtube named Benchmarks. I get 40 frames on rust, he gets 120... I get around 50 frames on ark, he gets a lot more. It is same with other gasmes he plays that I play. If you guys know anything please help.

Does he list the settings that he plays at?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Definitely look  if you are using the same graphic settings. 

According to userbenchmark running it at 1080p at max settings the average fps is around 60. So he may have is settings set lower. 

And if you want to see what your CPU is running at you could use MSI afterburner.

23 minutes ago, Prometheus935 said:

According to userbenchmark running it at 1080p at max settings the average fps is around 60. So he may have is settings set lower. 

that metric doesn't sound quite right (although I'm not surprised)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

that metric doesn't sound quite right (although I'm not surprised)

Yeah I know. I don't play rust so I don't really have anything to compare it to myself. Also my computer is a little higher specked so not sure what performance is like on a 1070. Though from what I know of rust I wouldn't say getting around 60 fps on max settings on a 1070 is bad.

In saying that could just be an optimisation problem. I.e drivers aren't up to date or something like that. 

Also going back to original post what are you using to determine your FPS.

18 hours ago, nick name said:

Lookit this is his channel and all that I know 

18 hours ago, fasauceome said:

are you testing with the same graphics settings as "benchmarks"? Did you install your graphics drivers?

Not testing but I do the lowest graphics on everygame and get less than him by a lot and also yes I have

21 hours ago, Prometheus935 said:

Definitely look  if you are using the same graphic settings. 

And if you want to see what your CPU is running at you could use MSI afterburner.

MSI afterburner only told me my CPU temp, also my cpu only stays at 3.89 ghz for no reason...

6 hours ago, SeaKiwi said:

Lookit this is his channel and all that I know 

What monitor are you using?

Uh some big doublesight one then requires and a big vga. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:03 PM, nick name said:

Yes 

On 8/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, SeaKiwi said:

Uh some big doublesight one then requires and a big vga. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

If your using VGA then as far as I know you cant go much higher then 60 fps anyways. 

Also looking at what other people are getting on ARK with a 1070 its around what you get. So idk maybe the guy is lying about what card he is using.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:52 PM, SeaKiwi said:

my cpu only stays at 3.89 ghz for no reason...

that's normal turbo behavior for your CPU in a gaming load. The single core turbo is 4.1GHz, and you're definitely using more than one core in games.

Primary PC:

19 minutes ago, Prometheus935 said:

If your using VGA then as far as I know you cant go much higher then 60 fps anyways. 

Also looking at what other people are getting on ARK with a 1070 its around what you get. So idk maybe the guy is lying about what card he is using.

You have a point though I wouldnt see why he would do that. I will look into too.

that's normal turbo behavior for your CPU in a gaming load. The single core turbo is 4.1GHz, and you're definitely using more than one core in games.

As I type this I am getting 3.93 ghz at most while playing the division 2.

2 minutes ago, SeaKiwi said:

As I type this I am getting 3.93 ghz at most while playing the division 2.

still pretty normal for the CPU to spike up to that.

Primary PC:

still pretty normal for the CPU to spike up to that.

Ok

• 1 month later...

I have fixed it by rebuilding my computer and changing my monitor to a lower resolution thank you for all the help!