Word Dictate Error on some PCs

Hello LTT Community,

I have the problem that the Word Dictate feature in Office 365 (Browser Word) works on some PCs but not on all.

If it doesn't work it spits out the Error: "We failed to connect to the Microsoft speech service. Please try again."

We mainly use Lenovo ThinkCentre PCs here with Windows 7 but are slowly upgrading to Windows 10. 

It works under these Conditions:

Spoiler

Model + Version

M91 + Win7

M93 + Win7

T450 + Win7

M910 + Win10

T470 + Win10

It won't work under these conditions:

Spoiler

M92 + Win7

M910 + Win7

Even though the requirements from Microsoft say it needs to be at least Win 8.1  it clearly works on Win7. And hardware compatibilty shouldn't be a problem either because the M91 model works with Win7 but not the M92 eventhough the M93 works again.

I also cannot find anything when i google this error that could help me.

Maybe one of you guys had that problem already and found a workaround or even a fix.

31 minutes ago, Dei_Nemudda said:

Microsoft speech service

That's an online thing.

A cloud service. 

Perhaps your network needs examining?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's an online thing.

A cloud service. 

Perhaps your network needs examining?

Thanks for the reply!

I would normally agree with this kind of error, but all the tested PCs are on the same Network and most of them have the same group settings.

19 minutes ago, Dei_Nemudda said:

Thanks for the reply!

I would normally agree with this kind of error, but all the tested PCs are on the same Network and most of them have the same group settings.

Can you take them off your existing network, put them on, say, a home network (or mi-fi) and see what happens?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Can you take them off your existing network, put them on, say, a home network (or mi-fi) and see what happens?

Unfortunately i can not. They are locked to the company's network only and cannot be connected to another. BUT the M910 + win10 combination IS running on another Network and is working fine, all others are running on the company network.