nvme ssd not showing up during windows install

Evster

I am currently attempting to build a new computer. I have a asrock x370 pro4 for my motherboard, and a patriot viper vpn100 for my nvme ssd. When I go into the bios, it shows my ssd as a bootup option, but when I go to storage settings, it says that there is nothing in the m.2 slot. Also when I was attempting to install windows, the install said that there was no drive in the computer. How can I fix this?

Unplug all other storage devices but the one you want to install Windows on.

Just now, That_PC_Kid said:

Unplug all other storage devices but the one you want to install Windows on.

That is how I have it, only the nvme ssd is in the system, yet no storage devices show up during the windows install

Try reseating the M.2. If that doesn't work then the device might not work.

I’ll try that. But I know the ssd sort of works because it shows up as a boot option in bios but not as a storage device

23F9FE53-D504-476B-ACF1-75F83A998707.jpeg

20451193-E2EB-4620-9501-C89B2F31B58D.jpeg

I would make sure that all your drivers are updated for the motherboard. Also, make sure the NVMe is seated correctly. From there you may need to make a volume for the disk.

If it shows up in the UEFI then it works. Maybe its not formatted correctly. I'm not completely sure.

1 minute ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

I would make sure that all your drivers are updated for the motherboard. Also, make sure the NVMe is seated correctly. From there you may need to make a volume for the disk.

He's trying to install Win 10 on it. When he installs Win 10 it will automatically allocate a volume and letter for the drive. For some reason it just won't let him select the drive from the Windows installation menu.

6 minutes ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

5 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

If it shows up in the UEFI then it works. Maybe its not formatted correctly. I'm not completely sure.

I tried reseating the drive, still not working in windows install. how could I format it without windows installed?

the vpn100 is not listed as compatible with your motherboard.  contact asrock.

I got it working! I uninstalled and reinstalled the windows media from my usb and took out the cmo's battery once, because I couldnt get back into my bios. Not sure which of these fixed it but it is working now. Thank you all for your suggestions.