Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moonman21

my gpu isnt displaying on tv but it is on monitor

Posted · Original PosterOP

i was looking to plug my pc into the tv and play some games but it wouldnt display and my roommate who has an rx 570 in his rig also had the same issue in which the tv didnt register but as soon as i connect to a monitor a display comes on

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 8Gb 3200Mhz, Mobo: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming wifi, Storage: Adata 128Gb SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb HDD 7.2kRPM, PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ bronze

1 minute ago, YoFavRussian said:

Check the inputs on the TV?

yea the tv recognizes there is a cable for the input but nothing displays

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 8Gb 3200Mhz, Mobo: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming wifi, Storage: Adata 128Gb SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb HDD 7.2kRPM, PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ bronze

6 minutes ago, Moonman21 said:

yea the tv recognizes there is a cable for the input but nothing displays

Did the friend try it on the same tv or their own?

Spoiler

Behesda PC:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

motorbored: ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero

Graphics: PNY XLR8 gaming GTX 1060 3GB

Memeory-Rams: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200

SSD’s: 256GB 860 EVO, 2TB WD Blue SATA m.2

PheadHones: SteelSeries Arctis 5’s (in white!)

MacroPwn: Blue yeti nano

Keybored: Logitech G413 Carbon

Moose: Logitech G502 Hero

Monitor: 1600x900 21.5 " Gateway monitor

PSU: Corsair RM 650X

Spoiler

CrumpleBox:

CPU: i5-6400

Mobo:

Memory:

HDD:

GPU: GTX 770 with an Original titan cooler

PSU:

Cooling:

Spoiler

T.R. (ThirdRig)

CPU:i5-6400

Motherboard:MSI b150m mortar

Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133

HDD: Hitatchi 320GB

GPU: GTX 770

PSU:TT 700W RGB

Case: TT V 21

21 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

Did the friend try it on the same tv or their own?

same

22 minutes ago, TamerOfCarps said:

Set up your TV in display settings in windows. Make sure it is actually using it.

how do i go about that?

16 minutes ago, Moonman21 said:

how do i go about that?

In Windows 10 open the home menu (Down left corner by default), without clicking on any text box, type in "Display Settings". Open the first result and then scroll down to the bottom of the program you opened. There's a cluster called "Multiple Displays". Then there is a prompt under that cluster which makes you choose between 4 options : "Duplicate these displays" ; "Extend these displays" ; "Show only on 1" ; "Show only on 2".
You're going to want to choose the first option - "Duplicate these displays" - this will run the same video output to both of the screens.
IF there is any clipping around the edges on your TV, go into the TV's screen settings, find the "aspect ratio" option or "screen size" option, it really just depends on what brand or model, important thing is to find the option. From the option choose "Fit screen" or something of that effect.

Hope this was helpful. Sorry if my tone is a bit babysitter-ish.

3 hours ago, TamerOfCarps said:

In Windows 10 open the home menu (Down left corner by default), without clicking on any text box, type in "Display Settings". Open the first result and then scroll down to the bottom of the program you opened. There's a cluster called "Multiple Displays". Then there is a prompt under that cluster which makes you choose between 4 options : "Duplicate these displays" ; "Extend these displays" ; "Show only on 1" ; "Show only on 2".
You're going to want to choose the first option - "Duplicate these displays" - this will run the same video output to both of the screens.
IF there is any clipping around the edges on your TV, go into the TV's screen settings, find the "aspect ratio" option or "screen size" option, it really just depends on what brand or model, important thing is to find the option. From the option choose "Fit screen" or something of that effect.

Hope this was helpful. Sorry if my tone is a bit babysitter-ish.

dont worry about the tone the thing is that im not trying to duplicate screen but trying to use the tv as a single display

my vcard can sometimes behave like this after I've stripped it during a clean.

It ignores the display port and keeps POSting through an HDMI port. (mis gtx1070 armor on gigagbyte z77  d3h with OC'd i5-3570k)

Sorry I don't know what causes it or how to fix it properly.

I just forced it to use the monitor I wanted from boot by giving it no other options because I unplug the other one. Then when I plug the second one in after windows is loaded it starts behaving.

ymmv