my gpu isnt displaying on tv but it is on monitor

Moonman21

i was looking to plug my pc into the tv and play some games but it wouldnt display and my roommate who has an rx 570 in his rig also had the same issue in which the tv didnt register but as soon as i connect to a monitor a display comes on

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070, RAM: T force rgb 16gb 3200Mhz, Mobo: Asrock B450M Pro4, Storage: Adata 128Gb SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb HDD 7.2kRPM, PSU: Corsair 750W 80+ bronze,Case: Corsair 280x, Headphones: Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless, Speakers: Bose Companion Speakers

1 minute ago, YoFavRussian said:

Check the inputs on the TV?

yea the tv recognizes there is a cable for the input but nothing displays

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070, RAM: T force rgb 16gb 3200Mhz, Mobo: Asrock B450M Pro4, Storage: Adata 128Gb SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb HDD 7.2kRPM, PSU: Corsair 750W 80+ bronze,Case: Corsair 280x, Headphones: Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless, Speakers: Bose Companion Speakers

Set up your TV in display settings in windows. Make sure it is actually using it.

6 minutes ago, Moonman21 said:

yea the tv recognizes there is a cable for the input but nothing displays

Did the friend try it on the same tv or their own?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

21 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

Did the friend try it on the same tv or their own?

same

22 minutes ago, TamerOfCarps said:

Set up your TV in display settings in windows. Make sure it is actually using it.

how do i go about that?

16 minutes ago, Moonman21 said:

how do i go about that?

In Windows 10 open the home menu (Down left corner by default), without clicking on any text box, type in "Display Settings". Open the first result and then scroll down to the bottom of the program you opened. There's a cluster called "Multiple Displays". Then there is a prompt under that cluster which makes you choose between 4 options : "Duplicate these displays" ; "Extend these displays" ; "Show only on 1" ; "Show only on 2".
You're going to want to choose the first option - "Duplicate these displays" - this will run the same video output to both of the screens.
IF there is any clipping around the edges on your TV, go into the TV's screen settings, find the "aspect ratio" option or "screen size" option, it really just depends on what brand or model, important thing is to find the option. From the option choose "Fit screen" or something of that effect.

Hope this was helpful. Sorry if my tone is a bit babysitter-ish.

3 hours ago, TamerOfCarps said:

In Windows 10 open the home menu (Down left corner by default), without clicking on any text box, type in "Display Settings". Open the first result and then scroll down to the bottom of the program you opened. There's a cluster called "Multiple Displays". Then there is a prompt under that cluster which makes you choose between 4 options : "Duplicate these displays" ; "Extend these displays" ; "Show only on 1" ; "Show only on 2".
You're going to want to choose the first option - "Duplicate these displays" - this will run the same video output to both of the screens.
IF there is any clipping around the edges on your TV, go into the TV's screen settings, find the "aspect ratio" option or "screen size" option, it really just depends on what brand or model, important thing is to find the option. From the option choose "Fit screen" or something of that effect.

Hope this was helpful. Sorry if my tone is a bit babysitter-ish.

dont worry about the tone the thing is that im not trying to duplicate screen but trying to use the tv as a single display

my vcard can sometimes behave like this after I've stripped it during a clean.

It ignores the display port and keeps POSting through an HDMI port. (mis gtx1070 armor on gigagbyte z77  d3h with OC'd i5-3570k)

Sorry I don't know what causes it or how to fix it properly.

I just forced it to use the monitor I wanted from boot by giving it no other options because I unplug the other one. Then when I plug the second one in after windows is loaded it starts behaving.

ymmv