Deciding the processor for a new setup

I am from: Indonesia

My budget is: 600 USD

Am I building now?: in the next month

My build is for: Gaming mostly (I am getting ready for cryberpunk 2077 yeah its still a long way) and occationaly 3D modeling (Solidworks and Autocad)

I want to game at: 1440p highest framerate that I can get

Do I need a monitor?: already have it

Do I need peripherals?: already have it too

Situational notes: Im stuck with the option between ryzen cpu 2700x and intel cpu i7 8700k

Here's my build idea: (PCPartpicker build)

Build notes: I already got some few part in advance 

-Croyrig h7 quad lumi

-GTX 1070 ti

-Gskill tridentz 16 gb 3200

-Samsung SSD 860 evo 250

-Seasonics Focus gold 650 Watt

So I'm in a little dilemma here since either i wait for the ryzen 3000 series or just grab the 2000 series. I really prefer the i7 8700k for my build but since there is the mds issue and i dont really know if it will affect me. I am also open to other option so that i can get the best out of my budget.

I build this PC mainly to play games but at sometimes I used it for work like solidworks and autocad. Please help me in getting the best out of my budget. 

wait for Zen 2 or get a 2700x. that would be the best course of action

im assuming you have decent CPU to wait it out. 

22 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

wait for Zen 2 or get a 2700x. that would be the best course of action

im assuming you have decent CPU to wait it out. 

Currently I game on a gaming laptop dell 7567.

Say if i were to get a ryzen 7 2700x what motherboad would you suggest? I do plan on overclocking a bit if i get a ryzen 

Just now, VolatileBear. said:

Say if i were to get a ryzen 7 2700x what motherboad would you suggest?

MSI X470 Pro Carbon i believe its called. 

i mean if you are getting a 2700x, surely you can wait like 10 days for AMD to release Zen 2

Just now, GoldenLag said:

MSI X470 Pro Carbon i believe its called. 

i mean if you are getting a 2700x, surely you can wait like 10 days for AMD to release Zen 2

Oh i thought it would be released for at least another month or so. If its only 10 days then I will get zen 2. Thx for the advice

Just now, VolatileBear. said:

Oh i thought it would be released for at least another month or so. If its only 10 days then I will get zen 2. Thx for the advice

well it like 6-10 days in terms of Computex. 

and then probably another 1-2 weeks before its fully released and shipped. (assuming regular launch pattern)

i would still wait for it

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

well it like 6-10 days in terms of Computex. 

and then probably another 1-2 weeks before its fully released and shipped. (assuming regular launch pattern)

i would still wait for it

AMD confirmed last Wednesday that the chips will be no earlier than July. So it's still a minimum of 5 weeks away. 

2 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

AMD confirmed last Wednesday that the chips will be no earlier than July. So it's still a minimum of 5 weeks away. 

now that i think about, that seems likely. 

though computex is so close we will know pretty shortly. 

3 hours ago, jerubedo said:

Aw. Damn after a 4 month wait another month again...

So its bugging me why do you recommend me the ryzen 7 instead of intel i7 8700? Just curious

3 hours ago, VolatileBear. said:

Aw. Damn after a 4 month wait another month again...

So its bugging me why do you recommend me the ryzen 7 instead of intel i7 8700? Just curious

You get a lot more for your money with ryzen. Not all software can make use of multiple cores/threads though, so you need to look at performance benchmarks on somewhere like puget systems. If the software can make use of 8 cores or more then Ryzen will suit better. If on the other hand it prefers fast single core performance then Intel has the edge there.

The 8700K will still have an edge for gaming at 1440p in most games as well with a higher end gpu.

16 hours ago, lee32uk said:

You get a lot more for your money with ryzen. Not all software can make use of multiple cores/threads though, so you need to look at performance benchmarks on somewhere like puget systems. If the software can make use of 8 cores or more then Ryzen will suit better. If on the other hand it prefers fast single core performance then Intel has the edge there.

The 8700K will still have an edge for gaming at 1440p in most games as well with a higher end gpu.

True thats what i have been getting through with my research in the internet. 

Ryzen fell behind to intel for like 10 or mor fps.

But at some case like in productivity ryzen got the edge.

So i think i will wait for computex and decide then.

One more thing does the zombieload and mds only occur on intel processor? So is AMD on the clear now?