Help required with headphones purchase.

Winxieboo

I currently own Focusrite Scarlett Solo (New edition), paired with Rode NT1-A Microphone thats driven by phantom power.

I plan on buying Beyerdynamic DT770 pro or Audio Technica ATH-M50x, and because I am almost clueless about music hardware I have a couple of questions i would like to ask:

1) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 vs 250 Ohm version, does it matter and will my scarlett solo be able to properly drive it?

2) If I plugin either of the headphones directly into my sound card, how will the sound quality be like, and will volume be affected considering i am using 3.5 MM jack?

3) Will there be any latency if i use my sound interface instead of my sound card?

Thank you in advance :)

43 minutes ago, Winxieboo said:

I currently own Focusrite Scarlett Solo (New edition), paired with Rode NT1-A Microphone thats driven by phantom power.

I plan on buying Beyerdynamic DT770 pro or Audio Technica ATH-M50x, and because I am almost clueless about music hardware I have a couple of questions i would like to ask:

1) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 vs 250 Ohm version, does it matter and will my scarlett solo be able to properly drive it?

2) If I plugin either of the headphones directly into my sound card, how will the sound quality be like, and will volume be affected considering i am using 3.5 MM jack?

3) Will there be any latency if i use my sound interface instead of my sound card?

Thank you in advance :)

1. Get 80 ohm then you should be fine

2. You should be fine either way if you get 80 oh. 

3. There shouldn't be. If there is it shouldn't be noticeable

Don't get the m50x