Multiple Monitors from 1 Displayport

Leux

I picked up 2 2560x1440 144hz monitors recently but I can't get both of them to run at native resolution and 144hz off of 1 displayport output.  Is there a specific type of splitter or cable that you need to use?  Is there even enough bandwidth to do this?  Thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, Leux said:

I picked up 2 2560x1440 144hz monitors recently but I can't get both of them to run at native resolution and 144hz off of 1 displayport output.  Is there a specific type of splitter or cable that you need to use?  Is there even enough bandwidth to do this?  Thanks in advance.

What gpu do you have? (you need displayport 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.4)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

8 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

What gpu do you have? (you need displayport 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.4)

I have a gtx 1080 but I am going to get a 2080 ti soon so if it won't work on this will it work on that?

1 minute ago, Leux said:

I have a gtx 1080 but I am going to get a 2080 ti soon so if it won't work on this will it work on that?

The gtx 1080 is certified for DP 1.2 but ready for 1.3 and 1.4, you should check the cables you are using support 1.2 and up. you need one cable going to each monitor, so two DP cables.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

4 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

The gtx 1080 is certified for DP 1.2 but ready for 1.3 and 1.4, you should check the cables you are using support 1.2 and up. you need one cable going to each monitor, so two DP cables.

I checked and my cables don’t support above 1.2 so I’ll order some on amazon and let you know if the problem continues.  Thanks for your help.

Just now, Leux said:

I checked and my cables don’t support above 1.2 so I’ll order some on amazon and let you know if the problem continues.  Thanks for your help.

Np.

Just now, Leux said:

Also before you do that check in nvidia control panel that your displays are set to 144hz, under "change resolution"

6 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Also before you do that check in nvidia control panel that your displays are set to 144hz, under "change resolution"

Yeah I tried but the resolution wouldn’t go higher than 1920x1080 and only 60hz

2 minutes ago, Leux said:

Yeah I tried but the resolution wouldn’t go higher than 1920x1080 and only 60hz

Even in custom? (click customize then create custom resolution)

14 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Even in custom? (click customize then create custom resolution)

Hmm I didn’t try that.  I’m out of the house for now but I’ll try once I’m home.

Just now, Leux said:

Hmm I didn’t try that.  I’m out of the house for now but I’ll try once I’m home.

Okay, it lets me display 21:9 on my 16:9 display so should work with getting the correct res displayed on your monitors lol

15 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Okay, it lets me display 21:9 on my 16:9 display so should work with getting the correct res displayed on your monitors lol

So when I set my custom to 2560x1440 and/or 144hz it tells me the custom resolution has been set to that but then when i look at my custom resolutions it says 1920x1080 at 60hz.  The custom resolution works for my other monitors so I have no idea what's going on.

Just now, Leux said:

So when I set my custom to 2560x1440 and/or 144hz it tells me the custom resolution has been set to that but then when i look at my custom resolutions it says 1920x1080 at 60hz.  The custom resolution works for my other monitors so I have no idea what's going on.

Sounds dumb but are your monitors on the right settings?

image.png.ca9714282f1058b0524239a4c15af640.pngUnder customize it only shows this even though I made a 2560x1440 144hz one.  Also I forgot to mention ONE of the monitors is running at native res and 144hz but the other isn't.

12 hours ago, Glenwing said:

You will also be limited by the capabilities of the DP hub. There are no hubs that support more than HBR2 (DP 1.2) bandwidth that I'm aware of.

Oh damn i just noticed the OP is using a hub.. you need a display port cable going to each monitor not into a hub.. you should have the cables so go straight from the GPU to the monitors.. get the hub out of there

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

Oh damn i just noticed the OP is using a hub.. you need a display port cable going to each monitor not into a hub.. you should have the cables so go straight from the GPU to the monitors.. get the hub out of there

Oh I didn't see that reply.  I only have 3 displayports on my gpu and I was gonna run 4 monitors off of it.  Is there anyway to do that?  Also do any rtx 2080ti cards come with support for 4 2560x1440 monitors?

Oh I didn't see that reply.  I only have 3 displayports on my gpu and I was gonna run 4 monitors off of it.  Is there anyway to do that?  Also do any rtx 2080ti cards come with support for 4 2560x1440 monitors?

you have a 1080 right? The 1080 can run 4 monitors at 2560x1550 at 144hz aslong as the hdmi cable is 1.3

20 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

you have a 1080 right? The 1080 can run 4 monitors at 2560x1550 at 144hz aslong as the hdmi cable is 1.3

Omg I'm stupid I tried to use HDMI but I didn't realize I was using an older cable.  I'll order one and get back to you.

5 minutes ago, Leux said:

Omg I'm stupid I tried to use HDMI but I didn't realize I was using an older cable.  I'll order one and get back to you.

Lol okay :)